Topic: Problem with HOST Led

Hi to all. I m music producer. i have an Rme ff 800 on MacBook Pro (15inch, mid 2010). 2.53 GHz intel core i5. 8GB memory 1067 DDR3, Startup disk Samsung SSD EVO with Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 and OS X EL Capitan Version 10.11.16.

I have to produce since 2015. Yesterday i tried to open my Logic Pro to compose something but  i saw that Rme is not connected. I had already installed the drivers but still host led is on. I turn it down but still the problem remains. I reinstalled the drivers and i installed from cd the new ones but the problem not solved. It is a problem with firewire cable or with power? Please help me. Thank you all.

Re: Problem with HOST Led

Can be both. Try a different FW port on Mac and FF800, try a different FW cable. No change - unit defective.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Is it something wrong with operation system El Capitan? Because i didn't have any troubles with Yosemite. Thanks for your response!

I don't see any information  in your first post that the issue came immediately after an update to El Capitan. If so the obvipous next step is to roll back to Yosemite to check.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME