Topic: routing mic to zoom app (in browser)

Hi
I though I could find my way around totalmix - but no - have a fireface 802 borrow from the place i work for, so I´m not a regular user...hmm

I use Zoom (https://zoom.us) for connecting with my students - via my computer - so I use a browser (in this case Safari).
I have a almost decent webcam Logitech with a not decent mic build in.
In the audiiosettings of zoom i can choose my fireface 802 for speaker and also for mic input

Speaker section works fine - I can hear my students through fireface/total mix
but they cannot hear me  unless i choose my poor sounding webcam mic

I have a mic into mic/line 9 input I can hear myself - route myself to headphones/speakers etc
I also tried to route through my DAW - fine
(I have used it for recording - so this works)

What the heck Am I doing wrong?

In zoom I can only choose the soundcard - fireface - not a channel from it

Best regards
Søren Bx

Re: routing mic to zoom app (in browser)

I think you have check your system settings. What source is the operating system using?

I have checked an my system settings are set to fireface sound in and sound out.

Usually these communications apps like Zoom or Skype are looking for audio only on Input 1. You may need to route your mic to Output 1 in TotalMix then activate Loopback to make this work.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

yes! routing to output 1 and enable loopback made it react

Thanks A LOT

Best
Søren

Hello, i have exactly the same problems (sending my mic to a browser). Jeff, could you give details about how to route the mic to Output 1. I have tried everything...

Thanks

Best regards

Raphael

Hi Raphael, this should help.
https://youtu.be/m-Zeruz-9Zk

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Is it possible to mute signal on hardware outputs AN1/2 while using AN1/2 outs as loopback for AN1/2 inputs? It's slightly annoying to physically unplug or turn off mains while using this communication apps.

Technically not possible in units that have a post fader loopback (like BF Pro). This thread is about a Fireface 802, there it works as loopback is connected pre fader.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME