Topic: T470 Digiface Dante high DPC values caused by WDF01000.sys Win Driver

Does Anybody have an idea how to get rid of high DPC values (about nearly 0,9 ms measured with LatencyMon)
They are caused by the Windows driver WDF01000.sys
The DD is connected via USB3.
The setup is a multitrack samplitude project with 40 Tracks (Samplitude ProX4Suite) via DD Totalmix
to a second Laptop via Dante => Onboard Ethernet Port => Dante Controller => Dante Virtual Soundcard
=> another Samplitude ProX4Suite.
Which does work in it´s signal flow.
Even feeding back the master of the recording machine for listening purposes via Dante is functional.
I tried a lot of things including a complete new installation of Win10.
Which made it a few degrees better.
But it´s still 0,9ms.
Switching off nearly all things which work in the device manager. It does not bring any advantage.
Energy properties => high power!
The high value occurs if I connect the Digiface Dante via USB3.
DD Driver => latest  (09716_09513)
The idea is, to have some recources left for live mixing,
which works fine in the much older Lenovo Thinkpad Edge i5 8GBRam.
I am feeding.

Digiface Dante with Thinkpad T470 i7 16GBRam Win10Prof

Re: T470 Digiface Dante high DPC values caused by WDF01000.sys Win Driver

Something worth mentioning about LatencyMon

During my tests checking and doublechecking a multichannel connection between 2 Lenovo Laptops using Digiface Dante and even Madiface USB I noticed that using LatencyMon during audiooperation does have a sigificant destructive influence on the audioperformance of both laptops.
My goal of using a lot of onboard plugins (with Samplitude ProX4Suite) and automated mixing during multitrack recording is obtainable without problems. But it does not work in parallel with LatencyMon at all. I did not find any information about that issue yet.

So my problem is solved by not trusting LatencyMon!

LatencyMon is not designed to work 'in parallel'. It checks the system in idle mode, and that has been mentioned here several times already.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

...man lernt ja nie aus ;-)
never to late to lern

Carlhynce wrote:

...man lernt ja nie aus ;-)
never to late to lern

;-)

You need an unloaded / "quiet" system to measure
- driver efficiency
- any spikes in terms of system or interrupt load caused by either
  - background services or
   - applications / jobs startet by Windows Task service

Its similar to that: if you want to check whether your system hums or is noisy, you better do this in a quiet room.
You also wouldn't measure the amount of liquid in a measuring vessel while walking.

You only have a chance to watch out for nasty unexpected system or driver load if the system is otherwise IDLE.
How could you otherwise check and rate
- whether any system load (CPU, Memory, Interrupts, I/O) is valid because an application is running or
- invalid / supprising, because on a system that does nothing in particular I want to have / would expect zero load

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Finaly I found the statement of "resplendence" about using LatencyMon in parallel:

Should I run my audio software while LatencyMon is testing my system ?
In general, no. In particular, the interrupt to process latency that the software measures already simulates the workings of an entire audio process. You should run most tests without running any other software in the background. Running your audio software together with LatencyMon only makes sense if you wish to measure hard pagefaults of the audio process.

Thanks for sharing.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13