1 (edited by netgrabber 2020-04-01 16:12:16)

Topic: Cannot use my Fireface UC anymore with MBP 16" Catalina

Hi everybody

I'm french and my english is not the best but...

Since about 2 weeks now, I've got a big big problem with the Fireface UC.

Every minute or less there are scratches, loose of timecode or clock-speed for few milliseconds and so on, so that it's impossible to work anymore with it.

I tried to eliminate the "timed" daemon as it is said on forums about this kind of problem but nothing works...

I need to use my Fireface for my job and it's just impossible...

Is there someone who can tell me what to do and what is the problem ?

I use the latest driver and firmware.

Thanks !

Re: Cannot use my Fireface UC anymore with MBP 16" Catalina

Did you try to exchange the USB cable/adapter yet?

Hi Timur Born

I will try and tell you

4 (edited by netgrabber 2020-04-01 23:51:54)

Thanks Timur Born

The problem really comes from the usb but not from the cable but the usb hub.

I finally used a usb-a to usb-c adapter (Rampow) but to make it work, I had to first plug the adapter in the mac and then plug the cable in the adapter. If you plug the cable in the adapter before plug it in the mac, it will not work at all.

With a new simple usb-c hub with no power, it worked perfectly too.

To help users, here is the hub model that I used and that worked :

• Novoo USB C Hub 5 in 1 with HDMI 4K Adapter, 2 USB 3.0 Ports, 1 SD Memory Port, 1 microSD Card Reader Compatible with MacBook Pro 2017/2016, HW MateBook, Google Chromebook Pixel, Samsung S8 (Grey)

Models that don't work :

• VAVA USB C Hub 9-in-1 Adapter with PD Power Delivery, 4K USB C to HDMI, USB 3.0 Ports, 1Gbps Ethernet Port, SD/TF Cards Reader for MacBook/Pro/Air and Type C Windows Laptops- Powered USB 3.0 Hub,

• Atolla USB 3.0 Data Hub 11 Ports - 7 USB 3.0 Data Ports + 4 Smart Charging Port with Individual On/Off Switches and 12V/4A Power Adapter USB Hub 3.0 Splitter

Thanks a lot !