Topic: UFX II help. How do i use inputs 9-12 for 1/4” in total mix?

I’ve been using my unit for about a year and I LOVE it. I’ve always used the 8 inputs in the back. (Side question, I don’t like how 2 inputs share 1 volume slider in total mix, is there a way to break them up so it’s not 1/2, 3/4, etc.?) I would like to have each input have its own designated slider.

Ok my main question. I want to use input 9 (mic/line) on the front for a mono synth connected with 1/4”. I slide the slider up for 9 in total mix the same as I do for lines 1-8 on the back but I don’t get any signal input. What am I doing wrong? Or is 9-12 only for microphones?

2 (edited by ramses 2020-04-09 05:26:49)

Re: UFX II help. How do i use inputs 9-12 for 1/4” in total mix?

to q1:
- see manual chapter 25.3.1: wrench symbol .. untick stereo.
- see manual chapter 25.10: alternatively reset mixer options to set all channels to mono or for ADM (inputs mono, outputs stereo)

to q2: see manual chapter 19.2, its all described there: if you want to use the line inputs you need to use XLR cables for balanced operation. For unbalanced operation use TS plugs and set the input to INSTR and use Gain knob (-> wrench symbol).

You got a manual, use it wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13