Topic: Total Mix Routing to record one input on two tracks in Logic ProX

Dear All,

I hope everyone is well.

What I am trying to achieve is to record my guitar on two tracks simultaneously in logic.

This guy is explaining how he is doing it with UAD Apolo. https://youtu.be/nouQhnSm6T8 The explanation is between the 1:00 and 3:00 minutes marks.

I have tried with my guitar connected in input 3 of the Fireface UCX > in Logic I will create two tracks with the same input 3 > then I will have two different amp sims on each tracks pan left and right.

Now, how should I route the output in Total mix FX? I did try with both tracks output to ADAT 3/4 loopback on and off. Then I created one new stereo track in Logic with ADAT 3/4 as input for recording. No Success. Also tried output to stereo output with no better result.

Anyone have experience with this procedure in logic. Is it possible to achieve this type of routing in TotalMix FX?

I hope my explanantion makes sense.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Re: Total Mix Routing to record one input on two tracks in Logic ProX

It's a mono source - why not record a mono file? You could then copy this file to another track in Logic, if needed....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes, that is correct. This is what I normally do. Or I just play the part two times when recording. But I wanted to try this routing for experimenting with tones, having two amp sims in the same time to try new stuff.

If there is way, I will be grateful to know.

Thank you again.

All good, I did figure it out.