Topic: MIDI command to request current TotalMix fader positions

Hello!

Is there a MIDI command to request TotalMix to resend the positions of faders/buttons back to the MIDI controller?

I'm setting up TotalMix FX with a controller via Bome MIDI translator. I have two presets - one which controls TotalMix and another which does MIDI cc to my DAW.

When I switch between presets, it would be great to be able to re-request TotalMix to send all the fader positions back to the controller again (like when you first open TotalMix and connect a controller). This will mean all my faders are correctly in position.

I can imagine this is included somewhere, but I can't see anything in the manual. Does anyone know what MIDI command would trigger this?

Thanks!

Re: MIDI command to request current TotalMix fader positions

Mackie protocol does exactly that. Simple MIDI notes do not have such a feature. MC might be available with your controller...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias! Do you know what the MIDI command would be?

MC is compatible with my controller, but I will need to send the request as a manual MIDI message via Bome MIDI Translator in this instance. I can send a custom sysex or MIDI hex code, just need to know what command to send. Thanks!

Sorry, don't know. You might have to send Device Ready and Query messages for this to work (there is no public documentation, Mackie Protocol is NDA based). You could use Bome Send SX to listen to the communication when your Controller does this.

Another tip for TM FX:  AFAIR when you move fader 1 of a bank, it will send back the position of all 8 channels. When you change banks all positions are also sent.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME