Topic: Fireface 400 sudden weird sound twitches

Hi,

After running flawlessly for several months, since yesterday I am experiencing sudden sound twitches on output of my Fireface 400.

Link on video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySPqcKEdw4U
Happens at 0:04

It usually do little crackle on low-mid frequencies, and then 3 times the twitching sound on higher frequencies. First twitch loudest, then little less, and last one also little less loud. It happens roughly every minute.

It doesnt matter where I play the source from. VLC player, Youtube, Mixcloud, DAW. Everywhere same results.

Running latest Fireface 400 firmware and software. Didnt do anything with drivers, did not install anything new, just using my DAW and nothing else on this computer.

Any idea what this could be?

Thanks a lot,
Martin

Re: Fireface 400 sudden weird sound twitches

Quick update and solution:

After trying reinstalling drivers, trying different outputs and all I could I started to look around with windows updates.
Started to disabling all services and drivers that were updated and found out this:

Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter
Driver version: 7.77.113.0

When I disabled this driver, everything started working perfectly same as before.

I really hate Microsoft with this... I am gonna report the problem to them.

BTW: I think we should keep this thread alive for a bit, someone might be running Fireface on Win10 as well.

Cheers,
Martin