Topic: Zoom on iPad only hears the first Mic Input - Babyface Pro

Hi all,

I´m getting together my setup for online teaching and I have no luck to get my Babyface working with two inputs recognized by my iPad. I use one for a microphone and one for a Bass-DI. I´ve read that stereosound is only possible on computer and not mobile devices - maybe thats a reason, but it should be possible to route the inputs to a mono track...
Maybe Zoom goes directly to the first input and not to the Main Out of Total Mix. I have no luck with external sound through my setup with skype or facetime... they seem to not recognize the Babyface at all.
Right now I´m using a workaround of a small mixer before the Babyface and using only the first input... just wanted to make sure if I maybe overlook a software possibility.
Best regards - Christoph

Re: Zoom on iPad only hears the first Mic Input - Babyface Pro

Loopback allows to use TotalMix FX for iPad for rerouting and mixing things onto one channel. There are also software solutions that might help, like AUM....

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you very much for the feedback. Loopback is a third party app?
On my iPhone TotalMix is not available - the interface is being recognized but I can not set the gains for the input. After copying the outputs to the headphone mix I´m able to hear my chatting partner, but I don´t hear myself and my instrument.
Is there a workaround?

Can I activate phantom power on the Babyface while being connecte to the iPhone? Or can I activate phantom power with total mix on the iPad and then the settings will stay when I switch to the iPhone?

OK - I found in the manual how the Babyface can be operated by itself... its working now.