Topic: Loud audio glitches

Hi everyone,

I've been using a Babyface Pro for a couple of years and have been 99% happy with it. My problem is the remaining 1%, which might lead me to replace it with a different interface.

From time to time, the interface produces a very loud noise that could potentially damage my equipment or my hearing, which is definitely a no-go for me. Unfortunately, I have no way to reproduce this issue for sure.

I can describe a few situations where the issue occurred:
- I was playing around with the buffer settings in Studio One and all of a sudden the interface emitted a loud and long beep. I was able to see the output clipping on the Babyface Pro. This happened a few times on my old MacBook with an old version of Studio One as well as on my brand new one MacBook Pro.
- A few minutes ago, I loaded a project in Logic Pro on my new MacBook Pro, hit the play button and the interface emitted a loud and short beep sound. I didn't check the Vu-Meter on the interface but in logic it showed something like +700dB!
- A few years ago, I was playing back one of my songs in Logic Pro when it produced a loud popping noise. Again the output VU-Meters showed a really high value. This happened several times.

Any help would be appreciated. Is my unit faulty? If so, I could get it fixed or buy a new one. If not, I will have to buy another interface from a different brand sad.