Topic: Can't get 2-row mode to work

MacOS Catalina
TotalMix FX 1.65

Options > Settings... > "2-Row Mode with only Input in first row" is checked

However I still have 3 rows in the UI.

What could I be missing?
Thank you

2 (edited by Shannon 2020-05-19 06:26:08)

Re: Can't get 2-row mode to work

I usually have the Control Strip hidden. However, I just discovered that in the Control Strip there's a button "2Row" that does move Software Playback up next to Hardware Inputs. Victory!

So what is the checkbox in Options > Settings for?
When I uncheck the box, I can still enable 2-row mode using the button in Control Strip.

Very confusing.

Issues with 2-row mode:
- I have fewer Hardware Outputs than Hardware Inputs and Software Playback channels combined; the Main channel hangs way off to the right with unnecessary space above and to the left of it.
- When narrow the width of the window in order to tuck the Master in under the channels above, the Software Playback channels overlap the Hardware Input channels.

4 (edited by breun 2020-10-25 09:35:20)

I was reading the TotalMix manual and came across section 21.2 The User Interface which mentions the 2 Rows mode. I tried TotalMix FX > Options > Settings... > 2-Row Mode with only Input in first row. I expected to get a user interface with 2 rows, but nothing happened. The user interface still had three rows of channels.

Apparently the 2 ROW button in the Control Strip is what actually enables the 2-Row mode, but this was not clear to me from section 21.2 in the manual. Apparently the checkbox for '2-Row Mode with only Input in first row' is only a modifier for when 2 ROW is enabled in the Control Strip. When you have that checkbox enabled and 2 ROW mode enabled you'll have only the hardware inputs on row 1, and the software playback channels move to the second row.

This was confusing me at first too, so I thought I'd mention this.