Re: DigiCheck NG for macOS X - preview v0.85 available

Heavy Digicheck user here - loving this NG version! Do you have any plans to increase the frequency resolution of the Spectral Analyser?

cowudders wrote:
cowudders wrote:
MC wrote:

We managed to add two new features:

- Added Prevent Sleep option in menu

My Mac didn't go to sleep for a while now, so i started looking around and it seems DC prevents this even when the really useful option 'prevent sleep' is unchecked. Can anybody confirm this?

http://cowudders.mur.at/rme/dcsleep1.jpg

sorry for bumping, but does this sleep-prevention even when unchecked only happen on my system? thanks!

On my Mac with 10.14.6 it's the same. I never noticed that until recently. Cubase does also prevent my computer from sleeping so i have to manually put it to sleep anyway, works fine from there, even with Digicheck open.

Hi all,
DigiCheck NG was working just fine until today ... it just quits with no warning of any kind. Any reason ? I work on Mac os 10.14.6 . My Fireface UFX2 drivers & software are up to date.

Deleting the File in the /Application Support/RME Digicheck folder solved it
.... well .....

Will DIGICheck on Mac ever get the option to use playback channels instead of input channels (or loopback) like on PC?

I'd love to be able to use Vector while mixing!

It's on our list but will need some more time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Deleting the File in the /Application Support/RME Digicheck folder solves it until i quit the app & reopen it ... it then quits with no warning ... i must delete this file every time unless ... unless i 1st save a template of DIGICheck & open the app from this .dcws file ... weird behaviour ... it works but needs a workaround for me ...

Hello,

first of all thanks a lot for the updates!

I'd love to see the Global Record with an LTC/Timecode option. I guess it should be possible to define any Input as LTC IN, just as i.e. Boom Recorder does it.

Currently I use my UFX for hybrid shows, where we record a few statements/rehearsals before the show, stream/broadcast the main show and make a (small) movie after the show. So all of the cameras and recorders are synced via Tentacle Sync LTC for post production.

Thank you smile

This is great !!!

I noticed the NG version is a CPU eater compared to the old one, at least in a Macbook Pro 2014 i7, NG make the computer hot just in a few minutes, the old Digicheck doesn't load the CPU so heavily.

cristiantroncoso wrote:

Thank you smile

This is great !!!

I noticed the NG version is a CPU eater compared to the old one, at least in a Macbook Pro 2014 i7, NG make the computer hot just in a few minutes, the old Digicheck doesn't load the CPU so heavily.

Same here, love it though!

Well why just not keep the old version, working like a charm instead of the new version v0.85.
Any chance to make the old version compatible with new OS 64bit structure, not really big fan of this new version.
Thank you.

pauleg wrote:

....make the old version compatible with new OS 64bit structure.....

Yes, that would be the solution for me. I understand you don’t support old hardware, but my unsupported Mac Pro early 2009 is now on Catalina. The latest Logic Pro X needs Catalina, TotalMix is working fine. Unfortunately Digicheck is not, because V0,73 is 32bit and v0,85 needs metal, which my machine doesn’t have.

aolm wrote:

... my unsupported Mac Pro early 2009 is now on Catalina. The latest Logic Pro X needs Catalina, TotalMix is working fine. Unfortunately Digicheck is not, because V0,73 is 32bit and v0,85 needs metal, which my machine doesn’t have.

Maybe get yourself a Metal compatible GPU? There are some options for the 2009 Mac Pro.

hselters wrote:
aolm wrote:

... my unsupported Mac Pro early 2009 is now on Catalina. The latest Logic Pro X needs Catalina, TotalMix is working fine. Unfortunately Digicheck is not, because V0,73 is 32bit and v0,85 needs metal, which my machine doesn’t have.

Maybe get yourself a Metal compatible GPU? There are some options for the 2009 Mac Pro.

Indeed that’s an option, I didnot realize it was available. Maybe for now I prefer to stay on Mojave.

aolm wrote:
hselters wrote:
aolm wrote:

Indeed that’s an option, I didnot realize it was available. Maybe for now I prefer to stay on Mojave.

Well unlike you I have metal but I really dont feel this new digicheck, the old one looks more professional and stable, come guys just make the old version 64 bit compliant with the apple OS, for the moment I dont switch from Mojave.

116 (edited by ollv 2021-01-31 14:29:11)

Hi,

if I use FX Send on a channel (e.g. ADAT 7/8) to route the audio signal to the FX without activating the FX (Reverb/Echo are off, both FX volume level at 0.0) the level meter (FX in) on the FX bus shows the same levels as ADAT 7/8 at a send level of 0.0 in TotalMix FX, which is the expected behavior.
But in DigiCheck NG the level of Rev L/ Rev R (13/14) is around 6 db lower.
Doesn’t DigiCheck show the "FX in" level or is this a bug?

Thanks and regards!

https://i.ibb.co/X2zPJXn/Total-Xix-FX-Digi-Check.png

MacBook Air M1
macOS 13.2.1
Babyface Pro FS FW v203 D v4.06
TotalMix 1.80b3 - DigiCheck NG 0.891

That is not a bug but intentional. The send bus has 6 dB headrom for multichannel send and not overloading the FX section easily.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hey, I want to move up to Catalina finally.
It seems like I can t download the Digicheck NG 0.85 version.
Why is it so hard to find an Installer?!
There is really nothing out there like DIGICHECK so whats the deal?
CArl

Leof€nder77 wrote:

It seems like I can t download the Digicheck NG 0.85 version.
Why is it so hard to find an Installer?!

It's a preview version, see this sticky: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=30796

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

120 (edited by Gregsen 2021-04-22 03:07:22)

This is such a wonderful plugin. The only thing I miss from the old DigiCheck is that you're not able to set an infinite Peak Hold Time for the Spectral Analyser anymore. sad

This used to be an amazing feature that even the manual advertised, because you could essentially run an entire track through the Spectral Analyser and get an extremely accurate frequency peak reading for the entire thing once that's done (great for catching stuff that you would miss otherwise).. Any chance we can get this feature back? I miss this so much!https://imgur.com/tPVHlzd.png

We will try. For the time being you could set Phophorescence to Infinity.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

122 (edited by Eurikon 2021-06-08 21:34:26)

https://i.imgur.com/4MLKmQO.png

Been using DC on a Mac Mini M1 for 2 weeks now, it works very well for hours on!
Currently with Digiface USB.

Are we gonna get customisable colours for the VU bars anytime soon?   
Currently it all looks a bit too much green for my liking smile

Keep up the great work, long time RME owner and user here, since the 1st Hammerfall PCI card.

https://recordfactory.org
https://youtube.com/c/eurikon

DigiCheck NG V 0.86 Beta 2 is now available for download:

http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/digic … _086b2.zip

The news:

- Universal binary, runs natively on Intel and M1 machines (no Rosetta needed)

- Adds infinite hold option for Spectralyzer

- Includes German / English Online help

- Easier handling when mouse is held pressed on a window frame

- Added Off and -14 dB as Reference Scale to the R128 meters

- All Intersample Peak metering is now done with EBU oversampling, also called True Peak (hence TP with that option) to give matching results when using the EBU test files.

- Global Level Meter is back. While the new Multichannel Meter can do all this as well, Global Level Meter is a bit simpified in not being able to reshuffle channels.

-B 2: Fixed a possible blank state in the Multichannel Level Meter when the audio interface is not available (resets defalt to 8 now)

- Some more under-the-hood improvements.

Enjoy!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi there,

Thanks for the new version glad I can continue with Mac m1! smile one question..

Did the slope of the analyser change!? I didn’t see anyone mention it in these threads and I used the old version everyday for mastering duties and when I run tracks that were matched to the previous slope (was it +3db I think?) they are now showing a different result and this is really throwing me off.. can you add the option to have the same slope as the original dc and maybe the option for a +4.5db slope as this is very useful for matching the highs and lows of a track..

On a track for instance where the HF was 10db below the lows it is now showing more like 7db.. this is a bit of a nightmare for me and I’m really surprised no one else has mentioned it!

Please let me know what the current slope is so I can at least recalibrate my brain to match DCNG! smile

Thanks RME smile

DigiCheck NG V 0.86 Beta 1 is now available for download

Installed new version, with UFX+ Multichannel Meter is completely grayed and I can't select any channel at input selection settings for it(at the same time new Global Level Meter works well):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xajv6mdchj0h0h9/Screenshot%202021-06-12%20at%2002.57.25%20%282%29.png?raw=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kx9knh8ou3cz6vc/Screenshot%202021-06-12%20at%2002.57.45%20%282%29.png?raw=1

P.S. Please, please, please, add ability for "Enable Audio Processing" to stay always on: I use separate display for digicheck-ng, keep computer always on, but every day turn on and off UFX+, so after every power cycle of UFX+ I need to go to digicheck-ng and turn on "Enable Audio Processing", manageable, but still quite annoying tbh smile

Please set up a channel count in Settings for Multichannel Level Meter (first entry on top). Normally it should be by default on 8 channels, but there seems to be little bug in initialization.

Regarding Analyser behavour on M1: please try "open using rosetta" option (just to compare).

Ralf wrote:

Regarding Analyser behavour on M1: please try "open using rosetta" option (just to compare).

There is no open in Rosetta check box when I try get info on the app.. only open in low resolution.. also can you please confirm what is the slope being used here?

If it should be the same slope as before Can you compare some test signals between the old and new versions at your end to confirm what’s happening here as looking different to me and I’m wondering if it’s intentional.. maybe as I got so used to it the previous results seemed perfect.. now I feel a bit lost as to what it’s telling me..

Thanks Ralf!

evp_uk wrote:

Did the slope of the analyser change!?

No. We also checked that the filters have the same behaviour on Intel and M1. To compare please use a simple 1 kHz sine and check the width of the 'tree' that becomes visible.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

igorzhidkoff wrote:

Installed new version, with UFX+ Multichannel Meter is completely grayed and I can't select any channel at input selection

Beta 2 (link above) addresses this issue and includes a change that will prevent it from happening.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I downloaded and installed DIGIcheck 0.73 on my Mac OS 10.15.7 by mistake and it obviously won't work. Want to install DIGIcheck NG .... can I download and install it or do I have to uninstall 0.73 first?

No need to uninstall.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

No need to uninstall.

Thank you.

DigiCheck NG V 0.86 Beta 2 is great, but unchecking 'Prevent Sleep' still does not work

DigifaceUSB/BabyfacePRO/MacMini M2Pro 12-core 32GB/Ventura/Logic/Reaper

Hi,

I am running Catalina (10.15.7) on an old MacBook Pro from 2010.
Hackintoshed, and thus it has no Metal-Harware...

- v0.73 doesn't work because its 32 bit...
- v0.86b2 shows the "Metal is not supported on this Machine" Splash and quits...

Maybe you could implement an Option whether to use the metal-framework or not, before the App starts?
Or is there any Version which ist 64bit and runs on Catalina without Metal-HW?

Thank you.
cheers, maggie

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

Thanks for the new Version! I am absolutely happy with DigiCheck NG now!

But yes: If it's possible to do some "make-up" and implement a kind of a color slider to change the green meters, that would be amazing! ;-)

All the best!

kind regards

When Total Mix and DigiCheck NG are maximised side-by-side in Split View it is not possible to change the size assigned to each side of the screen (as soon as you try to change the split size, the applications exit split mode and maximise each on its own desktop). I would like e.g. to be able to give DigiCheck less size than Total Mix.

Otherwise running solid on Big Sur 11.5 / M1 and join in sending encouragement to the RME team working on the issue with playback/output metering.

Thanks and cheers
gigi

this looks gorgeous - however, how do i get it to display software or physical outputs? i can only get inputs to work

ploki wrote:

this looks gorgeous - however, how do i get it to display software or physical outputs? i can only get inputs to work

You'll need to setup Loopback on the desired outputs (I don't believe you can do it with playback channels)--instructions are in the manual.

AdamBier wrote:
ploki wrote:

You'll need to setup Loopback on the desired outputs (I don't believe you can do it with playback channels)--instructions are in the manual.

hm. inconvenient and wastes channels hmm too bad

maggie33 wrote:

Hi,

I am running Catalina (10.15.7) on an old MacBook Pro from 2010.
Hackintoshed, and thus it has no Metal-Harware...

- v0.73 doesn't work because its 32 bit...
- v0.86b2 shows the "Metal is not supported on this Machine" Splash and quits...

Maybe you could implement an Option whether to use the metal-framework or not, before the App starts?
Or is there any Version which ist 64bit and runs on Catalina without Metal-HW?

Yes, please, I would like that too.

tokintone wrote:

Hi all. Newbie question here, after just receiving a Babyface pro, after many years away from RME. Just DL'd DC v0.85, but I don't understand how to route audio into it,(ideally all my Mac system audio, iTunes etc) that is also running through my BFP. I have selected the BFP in audio settings, but nothing is reading.
Thanks

* EDIT. I seem to have got it working now by enabling loopback on my monitor channel. However, as it is plugged into active monitors, the level is quite low, so they don't blow my brains out, hence the level in DC is also very low

* EDIT 2. I have managed to change the bottom and top level on the meters, but no joy with the auto gain on the phase meter, all I get is a tiny spec in the middle. Any ideas ?

Hi,

I just bought a Babyface pro FS, and I am having the same issue as the one above.

The levels are very low on the meters are very low. I am able to get around it by setting "Enable Auto Range" in the Spectral Analyser tool, but I was not able to do that for the other tools. The Vector Audio tool shows a very tiny green point, for example.

Could you please assist?

Thank you!

Hello. Recently I noticed I get what looks like a signal in the Spectral Analyzer screen. If I restart Digicheck NG it goes away and slowly returns. The Spectral Analyzer inputs is set for Analog 1&2. As you can see from Total Mix there is no signal. Also, I'm not really sure how I got .86 beta 2?

PunBB bbcode test

Look at the scale on the Y-axis, then disable automatic range setting...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

145 (edited by wdi 2021-09-23 02:19:51)

I will try that MC. Thanks!

I guess using shared albums in Mac photos is not a good way to share screenshots online as I see apple must have changed the link. What do you guys use to post photos? Back in the day I used to have my own domain.

Recently a new Version of Digicheck NG was announced to come out soon...?
Just as a little reminder, may be it's there on the desk ready for takeoff ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Takeoff just happened - version 0.87 is now available on our website, and even comes with an installer! This version includes many small fixes and improvements under the hood, and adds the Bit Stat instrument.

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/digi … ac_087.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Installed, at cruising speed and altitude already.

Thank You MC smile

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

149 (edited by ollv 2022-01-15 12:10:23)

Thanks for the new release! Glad that the new bitmeter has been implemented!

But on macOS Monterey on Apple M1 the bits are always changing (green), when processing is enabled, even if the channel has no signal (UFL):

https://i.ibb.co/Qd2zDbB/DC-processing-active.png

The bits are only set to zero when processing is disabled, so there is no difference between 16 bit and 24 bit signals if processing is active. Is this a core audio issue?

https://i.ibb.co/NpVssC0/DC-processing-disabled.png

I would like to be able to analyse loopback signal on ADAT for bit depth to check 16 bit dithering or be able to check if resampling at 16 bit signals takes place.

MacBook Air M1
macOS 13.2.1
Babyface Pro FS FW v203 D v4.06
TotalMix 1.80b3 - DigiCheck NG 0.891

igorzhidkoff wrote:

Please add automatic detection of interface reappearing. With current version of DigiCheck NG I need manually re-enable audio processing after every turning on of interface. I wish I enable audio processing once, and it automatically always works, when interface turned on.

With 0.87 this finally works! Thank you very much! You are the best!