Re: DigiCheck NG for macOS X - preview v0.85 available

Heavy Digicheck user here - loving this NG version! Do you have any plans to increase the frequency resolution of the Spectral Analyser?

cowudders wrote:
cowudders wrote:
MC wrote:

We managed to add two new features:

- Added Prevent Sleep option in menu

My Mac didn't go to sleep for a while now, so i started looking around and it seems DC prevents this even when the really useful option 'prevent sleep' is unchecked. Can anybody confirm this?

http://cowudders.mur.at/rme/dcsleep1.jpg

sorry for bumping, but does this sleep-prevention even when unchecked only happen on my system? thanks!

On my Mac with 10.14.6 it's the same. I never noticed that until recently. Cubase does also prevent my computer from sleeping so i have to manually put it to sleep anyway, works fine from there, even with Digicheck open.

Hi all,
DigiCheck NG was working just fine until today ... it just quits with no warning of any kind. Any reason ? I work on Mac os 10.14.6 . My Fireface UFX2 drivers & software are up to date.

Deleting the File in the /Application Support/RME Digicheck folder solved it
.... well .....

Will DIGICheck on Mac ever get the option to use playback channels instead of input channels (or loopback) like on PC?

I'd love to be able to use Vector while mixing!

It's on our list but will need some more time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Deleting the File in the /Application Support/RME Digicheck folder solves it until i quit the app & reopen it ... it then quits with no warning ... i must delete this file every time unless ... unless i 1st save a template of DIGICheck & open the app from this .dcws file ... weird behaviour ... it works but needs a workaround for me ...

Hello,

first of all thanks a lot for the updates!

I'd love to see the Global Record with an LTC/Timecode option. I guess it should be possible to define any Input as LTC IN, just as i.e. Boom Recorder does it.

Currently I use my UFX for hybrid shows, where we record a few statements/rehearsals before the show, stream/broadcast the main show and make a (small) movie after the show. So all of the cameras and recorders are synced via Tentacle Sync LTC for post production.

Thank you smile

This is great !!!

I noticed the NG version is a CPU eater compared to the old one, at least in a Macbook Pro 2014 i7, NG make the computer hot just in a few minutes, the old Digicheck doesn't load the CPU so heavily.

cristiantroncoso wrote:

Thank you smile

This is great !!!

I noticed the NG version is a CPU eater compared to the old one, at least in a Macbook Pro 2014 i7, NG make the computer hot just in a few minutes, the old Digicheck doesn't load the CPU so heavily.

Same here, love it though!

Well why just not keep the old version, working like a charm instead of the new version v0.85.
Any chance to make the old version compatible with new OS 64bit structure, not really big fan of this new version.
Thank you.

pauleg wrote:

....make the old version compatible with new OS 64bit structure.....

Yes, that would be the solution for me. I understand you don’t support old hardware, but my unsupported Mac Pro early 2009 is now on Catalina. The latest Logic Pro X needs Catalina, TotalMix is working fine. Unfortunately Digicheck is not, because V0,73 is 32bit and v0,85 needs metal, which my machine doesn’t have.

aolm wrote:

... my unsupported Mac Pro early 2009 is now on Catalina. The latest Logic Pro X needs Catalina, TotalMix is working fine. Unfortunately Digicheck is not, because V0,73 is 32bit and v0,85 needs metal, which my machine doesn’t have.

Maybe get yourself a Metal compatible GPU? There are some options for the 2009 Mac Pro.

hselters wrote:
aolm wrote:

... my unsupported Mac Pro early 2009 is now on Catalina. The latest Logic Pro X needs Catalina, TotalMix is working fine. Unfortunately Digicheck is not, because V0,73 is 32bit and v0,85 needs metal, which my machine doesn’t have.

Maybe get yourself a Metal compatible GPU? There are some options for the 2009 Mac Pro.

Indeed that’s an option, I didnot realize it was available. Maybe for now I prefer to stay on Mojave.

aolm wrote:
hselters wrote:
aolm wrote:

Indeed that’s an option, I didnot realize it was available. Maybe for now I prefer to stay on Mojave.

Well unlike you I have metal but I really dont feel this new digicheck, the old one looks more professional and stable, come guys just make the old version 64 bit compliant with the apple OS, for the moment I dont switch from Mojave.

116 (edited by ollv 2021-01-31 15:29:11)

Hi,

if I use FX Send on a channel (e.g. ADAT 7/8) to route the audio signal to the FX without activating the FX (Reverb/Echo are off, both FX volume level at 0.0) the level meter (FX in) on the FX bus shows the same levels as ADAT 7/8 at a send level of 0.0 in TotalMix FX, which is the expected behavior.
But in DigiCheck NG the level of Rev L/ Rev R (13/14) is around 6 db lower.
Doesn’t DigiCheck show the "FX in" level or is this a bug?

Thanks and regards!

https://i.ibb.co/X2zPJXn/Total-Xix-FX-Digi-Check.png

MacBook Air M1
macOS 11.2 20D64
Babyface Pro FS FW v128 D 3.24
TotalMix 1.72 - DigiCheck NG 0.85 (2)

That is not a bug but intentional. The send bus has 6 dB headrom for multichannel send and not overloading the FX section easily.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME