Topic: Basic Setup Question

Can anyone advise the basic setup for RME Total Mix FX that will match my needs as below :

- I want to hear 2 things - output from my DAW (Cubase) on one channel.
- Output from Computer, internet stream on another channel, levlel controlled by a seperate fader.

That's it.  Nothing else.   I don't use the FX within Total Mix FX, just controlling output from the above 2 sources.

I can't seem to get things to that both sources can be controlled seperately.

What's the simplest way to achieve this.

2 (edited by ramses 2020-05-31 17:56:39)

Re: Basic Setup Question

The Forum has many threads where routing is explained.

Very quick overview:
- ensure to activate "submix" mode in TM FX, upper right
- click to a HW output (TM FX bottom row)
- move the fader of HW inputs (TM FX top row) and SW playback channels (middle row) to get the submix for this HW Output

TM FX:
- Top row, HW Inputs, Audio from the inputs of your recording device
- Middle row: SW Playback Channels (audio coming from PC / applications; from either WDM or ASIO driver)
- Bottom row: the HW outputs of your recording device

For Windows you need to create a WDM device in the RME driver settings and make it to a speaker device.
Then you can set it in Windows to the default sound device, so that the OS and Applications that do not support ASIO
can make use of the recording interface for audio playback.

Otherwise the following information are available:

1. I wrote a "TM FX step by step primer" because its much work (much to type) to explain routing again and again. I am sure it helps you to get such a nice basic setup done. https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … rnal-equi/

2. Also very helpful: RME Tutorial Videos, in this article I listed all tutorials that are available. There are short and to the point without much "bla bla". Really recommended. https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … al-Videos/

3. The manual also explains routing nicely.

If this really should not help, then pls come back with specific questions.

BTW .. you should tell whether you work with Windows or an Apple Computer, there are some differences in terms of setting up the audio systems for the two different operating systems.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Basic Setup Question

Thanks, I'll take a look.