Topic: hdsp aio extension question

Hi,
if I hook up the two additional 4in/4out aio boards to the hdsp aio via the on-card 26pin connector, can I still connect additional aeb cards to its respective adat ports (yes I am aware of the 48Khz limit), thus bringing up the total number of simultaneous in/outs? thanks

Re: hdsp aio extension question

No, the total number of I/Os won't change. Yes, you get more analog I/Os.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

yes, I meant *analog* i/o.
I was also asking because I haven't found any outright statement that the aeb is compatible with the aio card, so thank you.

Easily found in the manual. The product webpage doesn't mention them as they are not available anymore for a long time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

As I am maxing out the rear slot openings on my pc, I would have to be looking for a drilling solution to fit the additional aeb ins/outs. It is as of yet unclear whether my next computer case can accomodate such a solution.
Alternative: mounting in an external box. That begs the question, how long are the cables that connect the aeb boards to the card (haven't bought them yet), and can the cables be swapped out for longer ones if need be? thanks

The cables can be up to 1 meter long.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks!

and last follow up question, is there a generic description of the required cables and connectors to hook these cards (aeb4 in and out) up to an hdsp aio card, in case those cables were missing from a used expansion board offering?

dupont female connectors both ends? and if I only get hold of 3pin cables they can still be used on the 2pin data connector too, leaving the one pin channel unconnected?
sorry for the illiteracy, just wondering if there are any format/size hazards buried in this assumption