Topic: Total Mix FX Not working (Eq, Dynamics) - what did I do wrong?

Just got a new (to me) RME HDSPe Madi-FX card, and installed it in my machine. I swear that I heard the FX working when I first got it (but there was a lot of setup stuff to figure out)...but today, as I'm trying to EQ out a send to some PA monitors I can't hear anything working.

All the regular totalmix routing works, but if I go to EQ none of the settings have any effect (even 24dB low cut at 500Hz which should be damn obvious). The EQ light is ON (as is the LC) light.

Similar situation on the Dynamics...it won't even respond to a simple gain change. I see the threshold get drawn on the meter, but no change in output.

I've tried a full mix reset...no change.

I'm running the June 2019 driver...and not sure of my Firmware version.

Is there a global bypass for FX somewhere that I've managed to activate?

Thanks

Kris

Re: Total Mix FX Not working (Eq, Dynamics) - what did I do wrong?

Quick update....checked the firmware it's version 91 and claims to be 'up to date'.

Update part 2....if I route signals to the Reverb/Echo I see activity on the input meters, but nothing on the output.

DSP not working. Warm reboot the computer to see if that helps. But basically looks like the card needs to be repaired. Is that a used one?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It's a used card...I'll give a reboot a shot. Hopefully I've got some RMA options (even if it costs) if it doesn't work out...I'd like to get it fixed, and can go back to my HDSp 9652 in the mean-time.

It worked on a cold re-boot. Weird...

Then send in the card.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Will keep an eye on it, and if the problem returns I'll send it in for service. Thx

It seems quite repeatable if I've let the computer sit off for a while, and always is fixed by a cold reboot.