Topic: Digiface Dante + Linux?

Can anyone tell me if the Digiface Dante will work in Class Compliant mode under Linux and if so, what the limitations might be?

Re: Digiface Dante + Linux?

The Digiface Dante does not support Class Compliant mode.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Is there any plan to implement Class Compliant mode for the future ???

No, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

If RME would change there mind about enabling CC Mode for Digiface Dante, they would be the only Company with a portable Dante Solution for Linux on the Market. So Please... !

I fully agree!!!
That's a pity!!!

7 (edited by massiant70 2022-10-22 21:24:10)

It should not be too much complicated from the macos driver.

Making drivers for Linux is as easy as turning water into wine for a skilled person. RME has all the necessary know-how for that driver issue. I'm not sure about the wine.

9 (edited by SchwobSchwob 2024-08-07 11:59:33)

I'm currently preparing for a multitrack recording session for which I will use the DigiFace Dante on a Mac Mini M1.

I would be so much happier if this interface had a Linux driver. OS X makes me sick.

I'm at the moment upgrading my MixBus versions on my Linux-based mixdown machine, boy this DAW has grown. The Linux box still uses a RME Digi 9652 from the golden days when there RME made Linux drivers. When the studio installation ever will go Dante, like the live setup did, It won't be the RME DigiFace then, unfortunately. Rather DigiGram then… so sad.