Topic: ARC & Digiface USB: mono headphone monitoring?

I just ditched a Mackie Big Knob to simplify and downsize some things in my setup, but now I’m having an issue with not being able to get a mono headphone monitor.

I’ve got my main outs in TotalMix routed to out 1/2 on one of my ADA8200‘S and speaker B routed to out 3/4 on that same ADA8200. It took me a bit to figure out how to add the phones output to the output routing, but I got it figured out.

When I press the mono button on my ARC, it only makes the main out & speaker B mono. The headphone out of my Digiface USB is still in stereo. Is there a way to get the phones mix in mono, aside from having to duplicate snapshots, but have one use the width control on a playback channel set to 0?

Re: ARC & Digiface USB: mono headphone monitoring?

If you use phones instead of monitors then you should change the Main output channels to those (Assign). Then Mono will work. Phones in the Control Room section are intended for the artists in the recording room. If you need mono there the whole mix sent to these phones has to be mono.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: ARC & Digiface USB: mono headphone monitoring?

MC wrote:

If you use phones instead of monitors then you should change the Main output channels to those (Assign). Then Mono will work. Phones in the Control Room section are intended for the artists in the recording room. If you need mono there the whole mix sent to these phones has to be mono.

I use both phones and monitors. I guess I really only use two snapshots, so it’s not a huge deal to duplicate those two and create mono headphone mixes by setting the channel widths to 0.

I guess it would be nice if there was an option in setting to allow the mono button in the control room to also affect the phones output (or which of the phones outputs would follow the mono button, if setting up multiple phones mixes).