Topic: Loopback to AN1/2 only from AN1/2 output?

Hi all,

Any help or suggestions appreciated...

I have the original Babyface connected to Mac, High Sierra with latest TotalMix/firmware (v225 driver 3.19)

I'm trying to find a solution to allow either or both Mic inputs (AN 1/2) mixed with System sound from Mac e.g. Spotify/local WAV files etc and/or DAW software output to be 'looped back' as a submix to channels AN1/2.  This is to allow Zoom to pick up those inputs.  Easy eh?  Just enable loopback on AN1/2 I hear!  BUT My problem is that my monitors are connected to AN1/2 Main XLR outputs, so if I enable loopback on AN1/2 outputs, my monitoring affects the level for loopback!  I want full level loopback but reduced level for monitoring.  I also risk feedback from the mic of course.  I do not have a separate vol knob between babyface and monitors.

So I'd like to know if I can separate the loopback submix sent to AN1/2 from my AN1/2 h/w output to monitors?

E.g. Is it possible to loopback to AN1/2 from a different submix channel perhaps?  It seems that they must correspond for some reason.

Ideally, I'd like to independent control my monitors and the submix going to them, for example I would drop the mic channel to avoid feedback!  I do not want to move monitors to another output channel ideally, as I assume sound quality will be reduced although they do have on board DA conversion meaning they could be fed by AS1/2 S/PDIF in theory.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Re: Loopback to AN1/2 only from AN1/2 output?

External adjustable monitor controller. Example:

https://www.thomann.de/de/swissonic_m_control.htm

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME