Topic: Install UFX drivers on old Macbook pro

Hi there,
I have a quick question about installing a UFX Fireface USB driver onto an old macbook pro.
I run Protools 9 HD and recently bought a refurbished 2011 Macbook pro running 10.6.8 with a 1TB SSD drive and 16gb RAM.
When I try to install the UFX Fireface USB V2.22 I get a pop up at the end of installation saying:
“The Installation Failed. An unknown installation error occurred. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance”

I tried Fireface 2.21 and also the original from the CD (Driver CD 03/2014)

Also the “RME USB Flash Tool 1.22 (and update) wont load at all. Just flashes and wont open.
Im wondering if this is a problem with the computer/SSD drive or am I missing something or doing something wrong?

I’d love to get this computer working with the Fireface UFX and Protools 9. Up to now I’ve been using a 2011 Macbook (10.6.8) with 4 GB RAM and did 2 albums on it. The UFX runs perfectly.

Thanks very much.

Re: Install UFX drivers on old Macbook pro

Hello,

2.22. can be installed on 10.6.8 without any issues. You may need to try repairing disk permissions or the like, this doesn't appear to be a driver issue.

Best regards

Daniel Fuchs
RME Support

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME