Topic: What's keyboard-shortcut to move fader & AN 1/2 of Software Playback

Hi, everybody. I'm using the TotalMix FX for the Babyface Pro FS connected to Mac in Japan. The Information of these in the Japanese language is very few, so, help, please.

I want to fade-out the volume of the AN 1/2 by the keyboard of the Mac.
I automated the fading-out by programming on the Mac and succeeded to make the volume fade-out, but actually the moving fader of the AN 1/2 is OF THE "HARDWARE OUTPUTS." But, I want to fade-out the fader OF THE "SOFTWARE PLAYBACK."

So, teach me, please.
What's the keyboard shortcuts to move the volume fader of the "AN 1/2" of the "Software Playback" on the TotalMix FX?

- RME device: Babyface Pro FS (firmware and driver are the newest versions)
- TotalMix FX version: newest (1.65)
- Computer: Macbook Pro 2020 (2GHz, quad-core, Intel Core i5. 16GB memory)

(Sorry for my poor English)

Re: What's keyboard-shortcut to move fader & AN 1/2 of Software Playback

There is no such feature. CoreAudio controls the main output, not any other of TotalMix faders.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by jordikt 2020-07-20 20:44:08)

I am controlling Software Playback 1/2 with the following configuration:

1- I make a fader group joining the fader of Software Playback 1/2 and the fader of the Input 1/2
2- I don't use the Input 1/2 for anything else than controlling Software Playback 1/2

You can use any other Input to control the Software Playback, but I recommend to use the Input 1/2 because it is always the first channel of the 1st row, and consequently, it always uses the same midi message.

You can receive and send the value of the fader of the Input 1/2 easily through midi using MCU protocol, so you can control the Playback Software 1/2

MC wrote:

There is no such feature. CoreAudio controls the main output, not any other of TotalMix faders.

It's a shame. Thank you for the information.

jordikt wrote:

through midi using MCU protocol, so you can control the Playback Software 1/2

Can (a programmed code on) macOS output the MCU protocol to TotalMix FX? Or, must I get and use other hardware? I want to control the fader of the AN 1/2 by only the keyboard (and programming) of the MacBook Pro.

akkeyyyy wrote:
jordikt wrote:

through midi using MCU protocol, so you can control the Playback Software 1/2

Can (a programmed code on) macOS output the MCU protocol to TotalMix FX? Or, must I get and use other hardware? I want to control the fader of the AN 1/2 by only the keyboard (and programming) of the MacBook Pro.

Yes, you can control the Software Playback 1/2 via any shortcut you want with the keyboard of MacBook Pro.

I do the programming with ControllerMate to launch the midi message when hitting a shortcut. Also I recommand you to use the IAC Driver of MacOS to do the communication between Totalmix FX and  the controller app you use.

jordikt wrote:

I do the programming with ControllerMate to launch the midi message when hitting a shortcut. Also I recommand you to use the IAC Driver of MacOS to do the communication between Totalmix FX and  the controller app you use.

I'll learn about the ControllerMate and the IAC Driver.
Thank you very much!

P.S. Around the IAC Driver, there's much information in Japanese, but, around the ControllerMate, there's not. So, if I was stuck about the ControllerMate relating to the TotalMix FX, help me again, please.

akkeyyyy wrote:
jordikt wrote:

I'll learn about the ControllerMate and the IAC Driver.
Thank you very much!

P.S. Around the IAC Driver, there's much information in Japanese, but, around the ControllerMate, there's not. So, if I was stuck about the ControllerMate relating to the TotalMix FX, help me again, please.

ControllerMate is a powerful application, but it's not available for MacOS 10.15. It seems that the owners of the application will no give more support and no more updates for the future.

As you are working with 10.15 Catalina, i recommand you to not use Controller Mate and use another application.

There are several applications that you can use. In summary, you need an application that transform shortcuts to midi messages.

Good luck and enjoy!

Would love it if there was a Windows keyboard shortcut for the "Dim" button in Totalmix.

Fireface UFX II, Babyface Pro, Windows 10, Studio One 5

The reason why I won't buy RME again. Just because it's not possible to control the volume output of UCX from the Mac keyboard. I could do it from the FF400. Thus it's a deliberate choice from RME which doesn't fit my needs.