Topic: Fireface UCX+

Hello Community,

i am very close to change my Audio Interface to an:

UFX+  or better would be the UCX+ - when it comes soon?

So anybody has an idea if or when the UCX+ will be launched?

Fact is from the inputs and Outputs which i need the UCX ( + ) would be the better choice - but i don`t want to buy an OLD UCX Model from 2011!!

So maybe the stuff of rme is reading this and know when they will launch the UCX+
Thanks Chris

2 (edited by Maddcow 2020-07-22 06:53:56)

Re: Fireface UCX+

You won’t get an answer here concerning an unreleased product. Around September last year, I needed to get a new interface and like you, I didn’t want to buy old (but still very good) technology, especially as I was also buying a new 16” MacBook Pro which only has USB-C ports. My I/O needs only required a unit the size of the UCX but I ended buying the UFX+ so that I’m at least future-proofed for a number of years.

I hope that a unit like a UCX+ will be released so that you can get something for your needs but if you need something fairly quickly, you might have to spend a lot more than your needs require and get a unit like the UFX+, or just go for another brand.

I don’t regret buying the UFX+ but really wish that I hadn’t needed to spend so much money for a lot more I/O than I actually require.

Re: Fireface UCX+

Yes you are right. But as i can see i am not the only one who desires a new model of the current ucx  (  ucx+ could be the follower  )
That means for many who needs less  I/O  that the UFX+ offers is only a chance to waste money ( buy the UFX+ ) or  look for a competitors Audio Interface with similar features... at the moment! Even if the quality of the UCX is still useable -  i do want the same features like the UFX+ :
USB3 or Thunderbolt, DURec, the new AD/DA converters, MADI I/O, and many more....

well - sad story. After 9 Years you can really expect to launch new model? or not?
Anyway - i will find my conclusions