Topic: [PC] RME HDSPe Aio + Lynx Aurora 16

Hi everyone,

I have an opportunity to buy a Lynx Aurora 16 and I'm wondering how to use it well. I work in a small studio with a dedicated recording room. I got a PC on Windows 10.

As I always worked with RME, I saw the HDSPe Aio, do you think it'll work together ? I just need to plug the AES output of the Lynx in the AES input of the RME ? And then, how can I use the output signal of the RME ? I use a SPL 2Control.

Can I have multiples output, and if yes, how ?

Thank you in advance, this is a new world for me as I always worked with external soundcard.

Rémi

2 (edited by ramses 2020-07-28 15:01:05)

Re: [PC] RME HDSPe Aio + Lynx Aurora 16

With AES you only get 2 channels transmitted. This makes little sense to me. The SPL2Control can be connected to an analog output of the RME AIO.
The Lynx Aurora seems to come with its own routing software, if you have the appropriate I/O module. But then you would have one ASIO driver / routing software for the Aurora Lynx and another one for an AIO. Well, that's not nice either, a DAW can only load one ASIO driver.
I would consolidate the whole thing.
You would probably get the biggest benefit with a combination of
- RME UFX+
- ADI-2 Pro FS R BE
- ARC USB
have. Then you have great RME features like Autoset, DURecm etc. and all the features of the ADI-2 Pro FS E BE for monitors and headphones. And at the end of the day you can expand with MADI as you like. As well as the possibility to connect the UFX+ either via USB3 or Thunderbolt. In my opinion, this would be the more forward-looking concept and would have operational advantages and sustainability in purchase. Along with this the ultra fast and stable RME driver and driver maintenance. I think this would be a very nice alternative.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13