51 (edited by srsmith 2020-08-20 08:04:53)

Re: Blue screen of death caused by madiface after updating to WIN10 2004

MC wrote:

> If pausing playback doesn’t do that then you have to manually push the Stop button [to power off the ADI-2].

This insert of yours is misleading. 'Stop' refers to the Stop button of the player, not the Standby button of the unit. The ADI is already disconnected or powered off.

Thanks for catching it; the player is binary, playback/stop playback are the only two options.  What do you mean by "pausing playback"?

I removed the insert - it reads; "the ASIO handle of the application is closed when surprise removal happens during playback or stop. If pausing playback doesn’t do that then you have to manually push the stop button." Emphasis is not on Roon's post.

Roon is Pause/Play/Pause. Foobar has an additional Stop button to enter that mode. We both don''t know how Roon works internally - doesn't matter, they now have the info and can check the app for possible improvement.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The issue has changed, the BSOD error is the same, but the dump points to the kernel as the faulting module.

I also removed the stop verbiage from the post as its misleading.

I don't 100% know what's being discussed above but it doesn't seem related to the BSOD issue?

So I want to mention that the original BSOD issue is still an problem for me with Roon and the current RME drivers. Less than before but it still happens regularly for me on a random basis.

I also have a consistent problem, maybe related to drivers, where Roon server 'loses' the RME device if it's turned off and on again after some time. I haven't investigated fully but to resolve it I keep having to shut down Roon server and restart it. It's annoying hence I mention it. It's also why I came here again, in hope of an improved driver..!

Best regards and thanks,
Milo

Yep, as so often the thread got hijacked with a different topic. Moved posts to

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=31447

Sorry to hear that you still get the BSOD from time to time. We will check this again, but please consider that it may have other reasons/causes this time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I just got a BSOD that was similar to the bugcheck analysis in this thread except it blamed the kernel. It happened about 10 minutes after I started to listen to music through Audirvana Studio. This is the first time I've gotten a BSOD from the ASIO driver. Any update on this?

57 (edited by counterpoint 2022-05-07 07:08:44)

I don't know if this is related or not but a long time ago I got a BSOD using an ADI-2 Pro FS and Babyface Pro. I don't remember exactly what I was doing at the time but I may have been playing with DSD files and Foobar2000 or something on Windows 7. I could recreate the problem by restarting the PC with the ADI-2 off and it would BSOD as soon as I turned on the ADI-2. The problem was having both devices connected through USB and the ADI-2 set to a high but different sample rate. Whatever the problem was, disconnecting one of the devices and adjusting the sample rate before reconnecting was the fix. I don't know if this helps but it may be related to multiple audio devices connected through USB to the same PC set at different sample rates.