1 (edited by zpurpz 2020-07-29 22:52:22)

Topic: TotalMix is forgetting my exact snapshot settings

Hey!

So within one week, I got the hang of TotalMix and Digicheck ! It is very straightforward and easy to use.

However, I am having one consistent issue no matter how I seem to go about it.

So, I have my analog out 3 as mono (going to my subwoofer) and that is the only other channel fader I would like up (in the outputs section). The second output I want (linked) is the Main Output.

So I linked my Analog out 3 fader to my master (so the sub and mains work together). BUT the problem is, somehow TotalMix keeps linking my Analog out 4 with 3 !  I only want Analog out 3 working and linked with my main for now because my Analog Out 4 is designated for my Avantone Mixcube.

So even after storing the Channel Group fully AND then taking a Snapshot of my current setup...it reverts back to linking ANalog 3 and 4 (after switching from one snapshot back to this one). I don't know why/how Totalmix is deciding to add Fader AN 4 to the group I have made for AN 3 and Main together.  Is there a way to unlink this?  Both Analog Channel 3 and 4 are MONO'd btw..is that why?

Is there something I am missing?  I have searched the forums and Youtube and Gearslutz, cant seem to find anybody having this issue.

My setup:  UFX2 with i7 iMac with SierraOS version 10.12.6

Re: TotalMix is forgetting my exact snapshot settings

Anybody ?

Sorry for the late reply, did not see your post before. I can confirm this behaviour. Reason is that you changed to a Snapshot where 3/4 are a stereo pair. In that moment both faders will (naturally) become part of the fader group. Returning to the dual mono state will not delete fader 4 from the modified fader group.

We will try to improve this in the next update.

In your kind of application, where 3 keeps being the sub, you should take care that all 8 Snapshots have 3/4 as mono channels. Then you won't have that issue.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your response here and all over these forums !

I've learned a lot thanks to you and the other Ramses user.

Since I had posted this, I have swapped for the Adi 2 pro Fs Be R and LOVE IT.

EVen though I do wish to have kept using TotalMix and have a mic preamp, I will eventually buy maybe a Fireface 800 to connect to the Adi 2 PRo and also utilize Totalmix at the same time.

Any alternate recommendations ? big_smile