Topic: Mid/Side Processing in TotalMix

I appreciate the MS Proc. function in TotalMix, but was wondering, if I can get an even better use out of it.

For mixing/mastering I need to check the side signal, which I do by activating MS Proc. and turn the pan knob to R100. So now I can hear the sides on my right speaker, which is already helpful.

But is there an option to hear that signal on stereo speakers? Of course I can mono the master, but then I would hear the side signal in mono. Basically, I would like to keep the left and right signals on their side, just cut out the mono. Is there a possible routing option within TotalMix?

Thanks!

Re: Mid/Side Processing in TotalMix

So I guess it's rather not possible within TotalMix to mute the mono signal out of a stereo-track?

Re: Mid/Side Processing in TotalMix

I don't get why you want to use MS processing if your aim is to just have a hard panned stereo master/mix or whatever. I mean you're just gonna overload the processing applied upon the original recording, for a roundabout way of achieving what a basic L-R mix  would be.
But you could use totalmix M-S, and copy then swap the pan of the copy; that way the M-S processed side will be heard both sides. Just lose the mid channel for a bit, and take it from there. Bring in some mid when it makes sense, etc