Topic: ADAT interface -> Babyface -> TotalMix FX -> internet streaming

Hi and good morning,
absolutely new to rme :-) .
My percussion teacher is using an ADAT interface that leads four mics into the babyface, but he both overhead mics are connected directly to the analog inputs of the babyface.
Now we try to transmit all the six signals via skype, zoom or whatever, but no success.
Only the two analog mics from the babyface will be supported.
OS is win 8.
Recording is fine.

Thank you, horst

Re: ADAT interface -> Babyface -> TotalMix FX -> internet streaming

I don't use these applications, but one general thing.
I assume that these applications (unlike a DAW) do not support ASIO.
If you want to make I/O ports available to the Windows OS or Windows Applications not supporting ASIO,
then you need to create WDM devices in the RME settings dialig for the ports that you need.

The other question here is, whether these application allow to have multiple I/O ports as input.

It might be the case that you need to use loopback to get all input signals via one input.
This is explained in the manual and is being performed in these steps:
- route all required ports (HW inputs / SW playback) to one output
- enable loopback on this output, e.g. ADAT1 or ADAT1/2 if stereo is allowed by the application
Then the complete submix of this particular HW output can be recorded / transmitted through its corresponding HW input ADAT 1 or ADAT 1/2.

This way it should finally work .. more or less .. pls try.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi ramses,
thank you  for comming in.
I have a bit a problem with the term 'loopback'. Is that what I would call 'send & return'?

4 (edited by ramses 2020-08-06 18:17:13)

Its a virtual cable inside TM FX between a HW output and a HW input.
RME Loopback is possible on every HW output, the implementation is fix, that the resulting audio is
always being send to the corresponding HW input.

Example, you have 4 Mic Inputs and you want to record the sum of those channels.

1. Route Mic1-4 to HW output AN3 (or whatever port is free for that purpose, thats why its always good to have some more ports available than actually required)

2. Enable Loopback on HW output AN3. As soon as you do this, audio of HW Output AN3 is being seen on HW Input AN3 as if you would have plugged a cable between HW Output AN3 and HW Input AN3. But this saves you
a) to plug external cables for that and
b) from my understanding its being performed more efficient in the digital domain of your device, without any additional D/A A/D conversion.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hi ramses,
we do need some more time to try your suggestion, it's a bit difficult as we are in social distance via online support and can meet at saturday.
I will report, horst

Watch the RME TM FX tutorial video about loopback, only a few minutes, its very easy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Zeruz-9Zk

List of all tutorial videos from my blog space:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … al-Videos/