Topic: RME ADI-2 DAC FS doesn't power on

The unit doesn't power on at all. The power supply works with other devices though. So the DAC itself doesn't accept power. Anyone know what could be causing this? The unit is fairly new.

Re: RME ADI-2 DAC FS doesn't power on

Did you push, twist and lock the power plug?

bejoro wrote:

Did you push, twist and lock the power plug?

Carefully remove the jack. Then push and gentle turn, it will then drop into the recess and lock.

I had the same problem, just a matter of getting it to lock-in.

It very temperamental,

I figured it out. It's an overvoltage issue. I plugged the wrong barrel plug into the back and it killed the device. Is there a reason the device does't have proper overvoltage protection like other devices? A lot of barrel plugs look exactly alike and aren't easy to tell apart from first glance.

NoviceAudiophile wrote:

I figured it out. It's an overvoltage issue. I plugged the wrong barrel plug into the back and it killed the device. Is there a reason the device does't have proper overvoltage protection like other devices? A lot of barrel plugs look exactly alike and aren't easy to tell apart from first glance.

Did you use a different psu?

I dont understand

NoviceAudiophile wrote:

It does have both overvoltage protection and polarity protection. Wrong polarity will just cause the unit not to turn on. Overvoltage will trigger when exceeding 18 V (you must have used a notebook power supply with 19 or 21 Volt). This protection works like a fuse and protects all the rest. So repair is not by exchanging the whole mainboard but only one single SMD part. But that must be done in a service center.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME