Topic: HDSPe AIO Pcie card vs. the new HDSPe AIO Pro

Hello all,

I've been thinking about upgrading my audio interface to an RME pci-e (the hdspe aio) for quite some time, and now when I was about to make the purchase - I noticed that there's a new card coming out!

I realize that this is a very new product and there are no reviews yet, but I would appreciate it if someone from RME would be able to answer some questions here...

To cut things short - I'll say that the only thing that's really crucial to me is the Latency.
Would there be any difference between the two cards in terms of latency?
If the AIO PRO is able to achieve a lower latency than the "regular" AIO, I'll buy it. if not - I'll go with the "regular" AIO since it's cheaper than the new Pro.

Any feedback is appreciated,

Thanks!

Re: HDSPe AIO Pcie card vs. the new HDSPe AIO Pro

You may also consider how long RME will support the older AIO card, they could (as in the past) drop it at anytime, which is their right of course...

Some of my 'stuff'. https://www.youtube.com/user/puutappi

The driver is even the same. Still I would get the new card, it's worth it. And latency is a bit lower as well due to quicker AD/DA conversion.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the replies.

I would really like to see some real world data, regarding the (possible) latency this card is able to achieve - yes, even if it's just the potential (meaning, optimal conditions, faster cpu/ram/mobo etc.)

For example - Presonus advertises its Quantum interface as being capable of reaching 1ms of latency - why can't RME do the same?

Reviews of this card are nowhere to be found online... so as much as I respect the good reputation of RME, it's still a shot in the dark for me, and with a substantial cost one might say, as these cards are not cheap.

Happy AIO user here.
Now I wonder if I need to change my trusty AIO for the AIO Pro?

Up to you wink

But there are some reasons, why the Pro is a real nice card:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 89#p157889

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Seems pretty nice specs.
Well,despite I have the UFX+ too (main system),I'll go for the new AIO Pro!

Thanks

Have fun ;-)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13