Topic: UFX+ and Behringer XTouch Compact MIDI Issues

I have a ufx+ and Behringer xtouch compact that I am trying to get to talk to each other and I am having some issues.

I am trying to get to a point where the Behringer controls the hardware analog outputs in total mix and, inversely, those same faders in total mix control the faders on the Behringer. Once I have that I would like to disable like every other button on the Behringer controller.

The first problem I am having is that in mackie control or cc mode I cannot get the controller and the rme to communicate. When I set midi in and midi out in total mix to midi port 1 the controller and total mix start to freak out and the faders start bouncing all over the place. Midi in and out on the front of the interface starts flashing.
If I only set midi in to midi port one and leave midi out blank I can control total mix with the cc mapped faders on the behringer.
If I only set midi out to midi port one and leave mid in blank I have not control anywhere. Obviously I can't control total mix with the midi controller because there is nothing in midi in in total mix but total mix does not control the faders on the behringer controller.

So to sum it all up why is it that when I set midi in and out in total mix to midi port one when the behringer is connected to it that the midi lights on the front of the rme starts flashing and the midi controller and total mix start freaking out and I cannot control anything.

Re: UFX+ and Behringer XTouch Compact MIDI Issues

You have a MIDI loopback (feedback). The controller might be configured to pass through all input data (with the old BCF2000 you would have used the wrong output socket which includes Through function).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME