Topic: Powering the ARC USB

HI there,
I just got the ARC USB but I'm having trouble with it making my protools slow down and glitch. I think it has something to do with how it's powered (or that my computer isnt fast enough to work with it)

I tried running it directly into one of the two usb 2.0 ports on my 2011 macbook. I also tried it into my (unpowered) USB hub neither work without glitching my Protools session.

I run USB out of my Fireface UFX into the hub with no problem.
I read there was a way to power the ARC via the Fireface but it didnt work going into the front USB port (on UFX)

Does anyone know how I might get this thing to work with my system?, I'd like to keep it. Sure seems useful.
Thanks

Re: Powering the ARC USB

You might have MIDI problems. Download the SysEx firmware update and activate SysEx mode in TM FX ARC USB Settings.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by frednugent 2020-09-17 16:47:52)

Thanks very much MC,

Before I download I should check, is this correct update?

Mac OS X Intel Flash Update Tool ARC USB
2018-10-30
fut_arcusb_mac_v7.zip

Im running OS 10.6.8 with Protools 9.
Thanks

Correct.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC. Will do.

6 (edited by frednugent 2020-09-18 12:47:33)

Hi MC,
Strage. I could not "Flash" the ARC with my recording computer (OS 10.6.8)
I got a pop-up saying "The application requires Mac OS 10.10 or later".

So I took the ARC to my other computer (running OS 10.14) and did the "Flash" there.

The "Flash worked and was updated on the ARC. But when I took it back to my recording computer (10.6.8) I could not see:
"In the lower right beside the Default Encoder Function list the info string 'SE-Mode'

This is not there. I tried to "Flash" again successfully. But still no 'SE-Mode' available. And Protools is slowed beyond working.

Any idea what I should try next?

Thanks.

Any thoughts on how I should proceed?
I have a few more days before I must send it back to Thomann if it's not working with my system.
Any info can help.
Thanks

8 (edited by ramses 2020-09-21 15:57:28)

frednugent wrote:

Any thoughts on how I should proceed?
I have a few more days before I must send it back to Thomann if it's not working with my system.
Any info can help.
Thanks

Ask them kindly on phone to extend the period as you have reasons.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

frednugent wrote:

The "Flash worked and was updated on the ARC. But when I took it back to my recording computer (10.6.8) I could not see:  "In the lower right beside the Default Encoder Function list the info string 'SE-Mode'

This is not there. I tried to "Flash" again successfully. But still no 'SE-Mode' available. And Protools is slowed beyond working.
Any idea what I should try next?

Download a newer driver or the latest TotalMix FX that supports this mode. 1.66 is available in this forum.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC,
What are the system requirements for TotalMix FX v1.66 + Firmware update, for a Mac?