1 (edited by m.p.lancaster 2020-09-17 20:08:05)

Topic: fire face 400 mojave problems

Hello
Recently updated to mojave os and have been experiencing "crackles and pops" especially when using safari and quick look on audio files.I watched your video about authorisation of the drivers i reinstalled the driver(3.39), no message about blocking and nothing in security pane.
Have tried the internal audio with the ff400 not connected and all was well no audio crackles,I also tried it via a firewire 4oo pic card, still the same  crackles, went back to the FW800 to Fw400 connection that I've been using for years.
any help/suggestions welcome
mike
edit,Ive tried changing sample rates etc

Re: fire face 400 mojave problems

more tests.
I've tried switching gate keeper off and reinstalling.
I've tried reinstalling with app store only, no blocked reports
i've tried going back a version of the driver
One thing via terminal i looked at the list of "allowed" apps and there was no mention of rme
still got crackly audio
The unit is being seen by mac os and the host light goes out, total mix and the settings panel all work
?????

Have you tried the other FW port and powering the FF400 externally?

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

Yes,I have it ext powered and I tried fw400 from a pci card. I would like to know if there is a way to make the gatekeeper show the alert box so I can authorise it “properly” .its the only thing I can think of to do next

Stop that Gatekeeper thing - the driver is fully loaded and working. Crackling is a performance problem of the FireWire chip or respective subsystem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the reply, so does that means there is nothing I can do about it?

When this problem came with Mojave then you can try the former OS or the later (newest) one instead. Else there is not much to be done...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME