Topic: M32Pro WebRemote FW2.0 Issue

Hey Forum
I am having an issue right now with the web interface for the M32 Pro AD/ DA. Before updating to the latest firmware 2 days ago they showed up in my explorer window, pretty nice. after that update thy do not show up anymore. The IP Adress of the devices have also changed to the 168.254.. are and were before 192.168.. without changing anything.
Anyway, I can't address them to get access and see the Application.
Its working with an usb cable but that's only for one unit at a time, and that's not as comfortable as I had it before.
They are both connected to a wifi network, not directly to the computer. Changed cable and reconnected them. I am on W10/64. Main Interface is a UFX+.
I would appreciate any help or hints.

Thank you!

Re: M32Pro WebRemote FW2.0 Issue

Hi Lutz,

would you mind telling us what Wifi router the M-32 is connected to?
And please try to unplug & replug the network cable while both device are up and running and let me know if that helps.

Thanks
Marc

Hey Marc,
thanx for jumping on;) The Router is a basic Network Server called FritzBox 7240. If I plug out the cables no ip dress is showing up in the devices. When I plug em back in it sets it back to the 169.254 domain. I realized that the are not showing up in the router backend software, where you can adjust stuff and check the connected devices.
thanks

Hi Lutz,

FritzBoxes turned out to be picky with regards to autonegotiation partners (this applies for other devices as well, like some NAS). We're investigating this for a while already, but haven't found a reliable fix yet. Was this exact setup working reliably with firmware version 1.x?
I did some tests with a FritzBox 6660 today and version 2 turned out to work better. This indeed makes sense, as we fixed an 802.3 compliance issue. But my FritzBox has Gbit Ports, whereas the 7240 only supports up to 100 Mbit.
We will continue to look for the root cause. In the meantime, the easiest workaround is to connect a switch (a cheap unmanaged one is sufficient) between FritzBox and M-32.

Regards
Marc

Hi Marc,
Yes, ist was pretty flawless and reliable before updating. As I said but strange is that is was assigned automatically in the 192.168.. adress. Now it is ( like being connected directly to the computer) 169.254..

It would be awesome to be able choose a ip adress for the devices. Anyway what kind of switch are talking about and what it is doing pls?
wink

Any off-the-shelf switch will do, though I won't recommend buying Fast Ethernet switches these days.
Lot of well-known IT manufacturer,s like Netgear, TP-Link, Zyxel (to name a few, no particular order), offer 4 to 8 port Gigabit switches in robust metal housings for around 15-20€.
We tested literally docens of them and they all worked flawlessly (i.e. for control, not for AVB).

Hey Marc, ok will check that out. thnx!