Topic: Controlling TotalMix via Cubase

I've been using HDSPe AES with Cubase 5 on Windows 7 since 2010. With Direct Monitoring on, I was able to "control" Total Mix via Cubase. Turning on/off channel monitoring on Cubase will mute/unmute the corresponding HW input on TotalMix and solo/mute on Cubase will do the same.

Since updating to Windows 10 & Cubase 10, I'm no longer able to do this. I did both software upgrades (plus all driver updates) at once, so I'm unable to determine where the problem is.

I do notice however, this feature starts working again intermittently, without any settings changes made, sometimes even midway through a session.

Here's a video of this feature at work, for some context:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MeSJCl … sp=sharing

This could possibly be a really simple fix, I might just be missing a setting somewhere. Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Controlling TotalMix via Cubase

This hasn't changed... Make sure ASIO Direct Monitoring is enabled in Totalmix (Preferences) and also active in Cubase...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you. Yes I have Direct Monitoring enabled on both TotalMix and Cubase.

I've found that if I have my TotalMix mixer open before loading Cubase, everything works fine. But if I load Cubase first, even if TotalMix is running in the background, I have the same problem again. Restarting Cubase, (while TotalMix is open) solves the problem.

Can you reproduce this with other ASIO software?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME