Topic: ADI-192 DD with multiple inputs of different sample rate

After reading the manual for the ADI-192 DD I'm a bit confused as to it's capabilities.

My hope was that I could feed the ADI-192 DD 4 separate digital inputs, some of which have different sample rates, 1 via the spdif optical port on the front and 3 via AES/EBU on the back. And then re-sample said inputs and send them to a Digiface USB over ADAT, syncing the ADI-192 DD with the Digiface USB via ADAT. But it almost sounds like you have to tell the ADI-192 DD what sample rate the inputs are running at (see highlighted text):
https://i.postimg.cc/bwZj2LmM/image.png

Which has me questioning the ability to resample multiple inputs with different sample rates simultaneously, as it wouldn't appear that the controls give me granularity to set incoming sample rate on each individual input.

MADI FX, Fireface UFX+, ADI-648, HDSPe RayDAT, ADI-192 DD

Re: ADI-192 DD with multiple inputs of different sample rate

Your application will work. The current sample rate of the ADAT output is set in the CLOCK SECTION. Read more in the manual what 'sample rate ranges' are and why this switch was added for AES inputs (Dual Wire, Quad Wire). Nothing you will ever use or have, though.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: ADI-192 DD with multiple inputs of different sample rate

MC wrote:

Your application will work. The current sample rate of the ADAT output is set in the CLOCK SECTION. Read more in the manual what 'sample rate ranges' are and why this switch was added for AES inputs (Dual Wire, Quad Wire). Nothing you will ever use or have, though.

This was definitely what I was missing, thank you.

MADI FX, Fireface UFX+, ADI-648, HDSPe RayDAT, ADI-192 DD