Topic: HDSP no updates

HDSPе  I can not update writes an unknown card ( firmware 4.30
RayDAT  everything is fine with this firmware

Re: HDSP no updates

Sorry, this is totally unclear. What exactly are you trying to do?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by GL Audio 2020-10-27 23:03:39)

Hello Daniel,

maybe I have the same problem since driver version 4.30. If I want to make the Flash update I see in the update tool: "Unknown Card"!? (pie_fut.exe - 29.09.2020)

If I try "pcie_fut.exe - 12.07.2018" the tools say: HDSP PCIe FUT, v2.36, Hardware Revision: 17, Programming Status: Not updated.

But if I try to update with this .exe, nothing happens and after a restart I see again: Not updated.

So, maybe there is a big problem?

Since I updated the driver to 4.30 I have a lot of problems with one of my two "Multiface Cards" If something in my Nuendo overdrives a bit, Nuendo or Ableton Live loses the driver and one of the two Multiface machines starts flashing red. The card will only be recognized again after 3-5 restarts.

I've been using my system in configuration for over 15 years and have never experienced anything like it. Does anyone here know the problem? And know remedy?

System: Windows 10, with 2 Multiface PCI cascadaded

many thanks
Bert

Daniel,

I have installed drivers v4.30 and now trying to update firmware of my HSDPe MADI card using the latest FUT utility v2.40 (pcie_fut.exe, 23 Oct 20202).
It just shows me "Unknown card" and 0's as revisions, so it clearly cannot recognize MADI card. RayDAT was recognized and updated successfully with the same FUT file.
Why the problem is with MADI firmware only?

andrewb wrote:

I have installed drivers v4.30

Current version is 4.35.

andrewb wrote:

and now trying to update firmware of my HSDPe MADI card using the latest FUT utility v2.40 (pcie_fut.exe, 23 Oct 20202).

Current version is 2.41.

andrewb wrote:

It just shows me "Unknown card" and 0's as revisions, so it clearly cannot recognize MADI card.

In that case I doubt that the card works at all. You can play and record audio? The Settings dialog opens and shows correct states?

If not the card overloads your PCI Express slot. Try to put it into a different one. Try how it works when the RayDAT is removed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

GL Audio wrote:

maybe I have the same problem since driver version 4.30.

No.

GL Audio wrote:

If I want to make the Flash update I see in the update tool: "Unknown Card"!? (pie_fut.exe - 29.09.2020)

The latest PCIe FUTs do not support ancient PCI cards anymore. The HDSP PCI firmware hasn't changed since 2007 (still 17), so I doubt a firmware update is in order.

GL Audio wrote:

Since I updated the driver to 4.30 I have a lot of problems with one of my two "Multiface Cards" If something in my Nuendo overdrives a bit, Nuendo or Ableton Live loses the driver and one of the two Multiface machines starts flashing red.

That points to insufficient or unstable power supply for the Multiface boxes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for the update, Matthias.

Just got the latest available versions of both drivers (4.35) and FUT (2.41), but FUT message is the same: "Unknown Card".

My MADI card is on a different machine (Windows 7) than RayDAT (Windows 10), so they do not overlap.
The card is working properly day to day - I'm using it for both playback and recording with no any problem.
The card firmware revision number is 207.

Just to verify, I have downloaded the old FUT (2.36) and it detects the card properly, showing me the current revision.
So, I tend to think the problem is that newest FUT is either buggy or is doing detection differently.

Not that I'm missing that FW update, but it seems strange to me.

The HDSPe MADI card old version firmware is 33. There is no 207 anywhere in the HDSPe series range (see readme). Very mysterious! How old is that card?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

9 (edited by andrewb 2020-11-09 18:22:05)

I got the card around 2013, and it works to this date without issues.
I haven't done anything special with the card firmware wise. Just used the official update tools time to time.
Please see the Hammerfall DSP Settings screenshot links below.
https://imgur.com/bhYuWv9
https://imgur.com/ETor31X
https://imgur.com/tFYBc1z

andrewb wrote:

I have installed drivers v4.30 and now trying to update firmware of my HSDPe MADI card

Mystery solved. You don't have an HDSPe MADI card, you have the old PCI version, called HDSP MADI. See also post 6.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME