1 (edited by David10 2020-11-05 08:31:23)

Topic: Ref Level Line Output

Line Output: Ref Level
Sets the reference level for the analog outputs.
Choices are -5 dBu, +1 dBu, +7 dBu, +13 dBu at the RCA output, referenced to digital full scale level (0 dBFS).
The levels at the XLR output are 6 dB higher, +1 dBu, +7 dBu, +13 dBu, +19 dBu.

Note: XLR provides a 6 dB higher output level in all settings, equalling +1 dBu up to +19 dBu.

I have XLR connection from ADI-2 DAC to my monitors.
Why I don't have in Ref Level +19 dBu option?
I have only +13 dBu maximum.

Thanks.

Re: Ref Level Line Output

With XLR you add SIX to that number.

3 (edited by David10 2020-11-05 08:56:56)

In Ref Level (Line Output) I have only this options: -5 dBu, +1 dBu, +7 dBu, +13 dBu.
Where exactly should I add SIX?

4 (edited by N00b 2020-11-05 09:16:54)

David10 wrote:

In Ref Level (Line Output) I have only this options: -5 dBu, +1 dBu, +7 dBu, +13 dBu.
Where exactly should I add SIX?

In your mind wink
The Ref Level output indicated by the unit is for the RCA output.
As it is said in the holy manual on page 21:

Sets the reference level for the analog outputs. Choices are -5 dBu, +1 dBu, +7 dBu, +13 dBu at the RCA output, referenced to digital full scale level (0 dBFS). The levels at the XLR output are 6 dB higher, +1 dBu, +7 dBu, +13 dBu, +19 dBu.

Both outputs work at the same time, the unit doesn't know which one you use; the level indicated by the unit is the RCA one, but XLR are 6 dB louder. You just have to know it.

ADI-2 DAC (with stock PSU) - Neumann KH 310 A monitors - Cheap USB and XLR cables

Both outputs works at the same time, the unit doesn't know which one you use; the level indicated by the unit is the RCA one, but XLR are 6 dB louder. You just have to know it.

Understood. Thanks.