Topic: Remote not working

Hi all

I bought my ADI-2 brand new in July. I love it and had no problems with it until the remote stopped working. When I hit a button the green light on the remote flashes (as normal) but nothing happens on the main unit. To be clear, no buttons on the remote are working.

I’ve searched this forum and others and did the usual task such as taking the battery in and out, rebooting the main unit, testing the infra red blaster using a digital phone... I’ve even read the manual. But nothing works.

Any advice?

Evan

2 (edited by terrys999 2020-11-08 16:11:05)

Re: Remote not working

Mines starting to die too.
Green light flashes once and then nothing.

These remotes are crap period.
To be honest I have never seen a dac with so many problems. From scratched screens failing volume knobs ect....
the dac sound fantastic but. Far to many problems.
I purchased mine in July,  I will try get a replacement remote and then sell it.
I think there will be customers who have gone over the guarantee that have failed. That would be a bummer.

In my case too much to loose.

evan wrote:

Hi all

I bought my ADI-2 brand new in July. I love it and had no problems with it until the remote stopped working. When I hit a button the green light on the remote flashes (as normal) but nothing happens on the main unit. To be clear, no buttons on the remote are working.

I’ve searched this forum and others and did the usual task such as taking the battery in and out, rebooting the main unit, testing the infra red blaster using a digital phone... I’ve even read the manual. But nothing works.

Any advice?

Evan

You have an ADI-2 DAC?

> taking the battery in and out

No clue what that is good for. If it's the battery then a new one will help.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

terrys999 wrote:

Mines starting to die too.
Green light flashes once and then nothing.

A new fresh battery should cure this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks. I’ve taken the battery in and out. It didn’t fix it.

I guess I will get a new battery but it’s hardly been used. If it’s the battery, then it’s the fastest drained battery in the history of batteries.

Any other ideas, anyone?

New Battery.   Evan, it's possible that the supplied battery was simply a Dud.  It happens.    A new, easy to obtain, premium CR2025 will cost you about $2.   It is absolutely worth a try!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

7 (edited by KaiS 2020-11-09 15:40:12)

REMOTE NOT WORKING, DIY DIAGNOSIS

Possible Symptom: Green light flashes once and then nothing:
• A new fresh battery should cure this.

If a new batterie doesn't help, to test the IR Remote Control:

• take it to a dark room,
• point it into a camera, e.g. from a smartphone,
• pressing a button should show a visible light.
• If not, countercheck if your camera is IR / infrared light sensitive, test another known working IR remote.

Batteries:
I always buy cheap batteries with acceptable rating from Amazon.
10pc for about 2$ or the like.
I have to admit that I need quite some of those, unfortunately they are a modern pest. Some devices eat them like chips, no matter of the make.

8 (edited by bejoro 2020-11-09 08:13:42)

KaiS wrote:

Batteries:
I always buy cheap batteries with acceptable rating from Amazon.
10pc for about 2$ or the like.
I have to admit that I need quite some of those, unfortunately they are a modern pest.

I had many very bad experiences with these offers.
Cheap no-name batteries often die very fast.
It is an extreme waste of natural resources and an environmental burden.

Quality batteries (branded) usually last a very long time (Varta, Panasonic, Duracell etc.).
But there are many cheap China copies (plagiarism) on the online market.

KaiS wrote:

To test the IR Remote Control:

• If not, countercheck if your camera is IR / infrared light sensitive, test another known working IR remote.

Nice list which should include the content of post 4. The LED should flash as long as one pushes the button. If it only flashes once the battery is empty.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

10 (edited by Curt962 2020-11-09 13:20:14)

https://i.ibb.co/gMQm6fd/rod3-1.gif

A New Battery can unlock a World of Possibilities!   big_smile

https://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Lithiu … =hydsma-20

Weapons Grade!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

MC wrote:
KaiS wrote:

To test the IR Remote Control:

Nice list which should include the content of post 4. The LED should flash as long as one pushes the button. If it only flashes once the battery is empty.

Done

12 (edited by daiyama 2021-03-27 13:28:45)

Hi,
I refresh this topic a bit.
I have a small and a big remote.
Small one works like a charm, but the big one not.
Swapping batteries didn‘t helped, still small one works, big one not.
Can it be that the battery is powerful enough for the small remote and not the big one?
LED keeps flashing green when pressing the button.
What else could it be besides the battery?

Danke

VG
Knut

The big one could be defective. Try the smartphone camera trick to see if it sends out commands at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

14 (edited by daiyama 2021-03-27 17:37:14)

Yep, looks like it.
My smartphone didn‘t show anything on both remotes but my Sony A7-3 showed a faint purple light with the small one and nothing with the big one.

I have the same issue now. Suddenly stopped working, the RME ADI2 DAC remote. When I press a button a blue-ish light flashes (flickers) on the remote. The RME itself is totally static. does nothing. What am I missing? This is less than a month old.

RMENoob wrote:

I have the same issue now. Suddenly stopped working, the RME ADI2 DAC remote. When I press a button a blue-ish light flashes (flickers) on the remote. The RME itself is totally static. does nothing. What am I missing? This is less than a month old.

Read the back of the remote, re-assign the model.

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

Or battery empty...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

My remote "appeared" to stop working today.

I replaced the batteries.

I am on code 1 (green LED).

I rebooted the RME ADI-2 DAC.

I can verify that the remote is emitting codes (can read them with another learning remote AND can see the IR LED work with my camera.)

For me, it appears that the receiving IR diode in the DAC is not working (frankly, it has been flaky for the last few months). What are the next steps I should take?

That would be a first (the IR receiver broken). I recommend to get a new remote first, and if that one doesn't work then you need to send in the unit for service.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

That would be a first (the IR receiver broken). I recommend to get a new remote first, and if that one doesn't work then you need to send in the unit for service.

I ordered one and will keep you posted.

ddps wrote:
MC wrote:

I ordered one and will keep you posted.

...and it worked. That's too bad about my old remote only lasting 2 years. I hope the new one has some design tweaks to help it last longer.

I just received my ADI-2 Pro FS R BE and couldn't change the remote code. I put a new battery in and it works fine now.