Topic: Outboard Reverb unit with UFX ll

Hi guys,

please guide me how to (physically) connect my Lexicon outboard with my UFX ll, and have the (reverb) effect available on every channel of my Cubase. 

Thanks for your help.

Doug

Re: Outboard Reverb unit with UFX ll

In short
Cubase (F4)
- configure or load your inputs and outputs
- TAB "External Effects": create new external effect
  select audio device (ASIO driver) and device ports e.g. AN 3/4 IN and AN 3/4 OUT
Use the external effect in a track e.g. as insert
Watch TotalMix .. you should see an audio signal under software playback AN 3/4
Check that you are in submix mode
Click to the HW Output AN 3/4 and raise the fader of Software playback AN3/4
Now you send audio to the external device (check there the input level and output level)
Then you should see also audio from the external device on HW Input AN 3/4.
This should be all.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks, in my VST Connections I/O there is no tab External Effects ... Only TABs: Inputs, Outputs, Add Bus

Its Cubase Artist 9 ... or maybe I need to activate the External Effects tab somewhere?!

4 (edited by ramses 2020-11-12 07:54:33)

Maybe you need a higher / later Cubase version, last recently 11.0 came out.
I know that its was at least possible with 10.x Pro.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by Gandra 2020-11-12 08:20:25)

True, just found out that Cubase Artist 9 does not offer External Effects possibility.

https://www.gearspace.com/board/steinbe … rtist.html

IMHO .. depends what you want to do ...

If you only intend to send a stereo track through external devices for e.g. mastering purposes, then you do not require Cubase delay compensation, then you can simply route audio through the external devices. Any delay affects the whole audio stream, nothing needs to be compensated.

If you need external effects as inserts for some tracks during recording / mixing phase, thats a different story.
Then it would make sense to upgrade to a higher Cubase version, as this compensates the delay for the way to the interface, through the external effect and back.

See this older article  https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques … board-gear
I think meanwhile Cubase pings automatically to find the proper delay setting...