Topic: ADI DAC fw update from Linux

Hello, I'm the new happy owner of this amazing product and wanted to get my DAC's fw updated to the latest version. Spent some time reading forum and so, but wasn't able to figure out whether there is any possibility to perform this action from Linux OS as I don't have access to any Windows, nor Mac machine.

Thanks for the response and I apologize in case this has been already discussed somewhere on the forum.

Re: ADI DAC fw update from Linux

If you're a new owner isn't the latest firmware already on the unit? And no, you need Mac or Windows.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I do have v34, so I believe, it's actually the latest one. Thanks for your answer (even though not very optimistic), it may help other Linux users, as well.

Hi,

It would be great to at least be able to do a firmware update via Linux. That does not have to be a tool with UI, but can be a command line tool.

Since MacOS is Unix compliant, the Mac version could be a good starting point?

Regards, Bert

Hi

just received my adi-2 dac / amp as-well

I am a Linux user smile

there is this project https://fwupd.org/ , it can also be used for  USB devices, a few big vendors supports it (like Dell )

I dunno if it is feasible. But i think this would be the best approach if it is.

siggy wrote:

Hi

just received my adi-2 dac / amp as-well

I am a Linux user smile

there is this project https://fwupd.org/ , it can also be used for  USB devices, a few big vendors supports it (like Dell )

I dunno if it is feasible. But i think this would be the best approach if it is.

fwupdate would be the easiest option if RME would want to support this on linux as it would only require of writing some small code once and then just regularly uploading the new firmware to LVFS. The other rather easy option is to just have a USB stick with a live windows 10 or dual boot windows and linux and use that for the firmware updates.