1 (edited by mackaudio 2020-11-20 17:28:47)

Topic: UFX+ Thunderbolt stutters on playback

I am having issues on playback (haven't noticed anything during record) in which I get what sounds like dropouts every random 10 or 12 seconds.  It is only momentary and doesn't appear to be from a loss of digital clock.  The interface remains connected and the audio continues without the cursor stopping as if it didn't happen.  It does not happen at the same place in the audio so I am sure it isn't baked into the recording.

My complete chain is as follows:

Inputs:
Analog In to Lavry 4496 which is serving as master clock via AES to
UFX+ on a MacBookPro 10.13.6 via TB using a Startech TB2 to TB3 adapter and a 2 meter startech cable. I have disconnected all other gear from the interface.  I was originally connected using a CalDigit TS3plus hub but have the same issues if connected directly to the computer.

My output is from UFX+ output via AES to a MeyerSound Galaxy 816.  While I heard the error on my monitors, it also present in the headsets which eliminates the speaker processor.

My DAW is Wavelab Pro 9.5 and I have updated all the hardware firmware/TB and USB drivers to the latest versions for the UFX+.  I have increased the buffer size to the max available within Wavelab with no improvement.    TB is selected on the front panel of the UFX as the protocol.  Sample rate is 96K.

Any ideas on what I could be missing?    The only thing I haven't tried is another DAW such as PT or Nuendo.

Thanks

Re: UFX+ Thunderbolt stutters on playback

I've had this happen a time or two, and it was always because a plugin had somehow lost its authorization and was running in demo mode. Are there any plugins in what you're playing back?