Topic: Fireface UC crackling noise in playback

Hi,
since I updated the driver and firmware of my Fireface UC, there is a painful crackling (like a highpassed campfire) in the playback.

It is not in the recording and not there if the interface is not connected to the mac. But when I play something on Spotify, iTunes or Ableton Live it is there. Sounds a little bit like a bit-crusher.
If I change the samplingrate to 192kHz it's gone, but after like 15sec it will come back, but not constantly.
This appearance is independet of the audio level, the USB Hub, the USB Cable, and the Mac (I tried another one)! I couldn't try a Windows yet.

I downgraded the driver and firmware, but it didn't help. And I tried the second BIOS of the Interface and it got even worse.

Any ideas? I really appreciate your help!
Thanks a lot in advance!!

Cheers,
Luci

Mac I am using:

MacBookPro 2018, 13 Zoll, 2018 Touchbar

2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

Re: Fireface UC crackling noise in playback

Hi,

I had the same issue with my UC on Windows. My fix was to use the latest TotalMix FX version which you can download via this forum here (Look to the TotalMix FX subforum). It is just a compressed file and in Windows I had to manually replace the EXE in the folder where the installer originally placed it. Since then no more bit-crushing noises! Hope it helps for you as well.

Re: Fireface UC crackling noise in playback

Hi Obsolet,
thanks for your quick respond!
I just downloaded the newest version, but unfortunately it didn't help..
sad