Topic: Hdspe Aio help reamping Kemper

I am struggling for a few weeks with reamping Kemper. At a certain point I've managed to get a reamped sound in Cubase 10 but when I want to export it I only get the D.I sound recorded on track..???
I suspect it has something to do with my soundcard but this thing has always been a mystery to me.

Can someone Please help me understanding it a little more so I can get the reamping done before tomorrow evening?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Hdspe Aio help reamping Kemper

Your cabling is unclear to me.
You send a signal to the kemper (the "dry" signal of your guitar for reamping).
The Kemper then processes the sound and sends it out to the output on the kemper as configured.
This could be an analog or a digital output, you didn't tell.
But no matter which Kemper Output has the final amp sound .... this output is again connected to the recording interface.
And then you should see a signal coming in
- in TM FX and
- in the corresponging input of the DAW
The you need to arm this input channel and press record
Well and then you record this new amp sound.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by Abc-Music 2020-12-02 15:40:46)

Thanks for your reply Ramses!

First of all Im sorry for not being clear about routing.

Kemper Spdif out to Rme Spdif in
Kemper  Spdif in to Rme Spdif out

D.i track output at Spdif out
Reamp track input at Spdif out
Reamp track output to stereo out (analog outs)

After arming the Reamp track I can hear the Kemper over the Spdif channel  in my totalmix window. But I on my normal analog out I still hear the D.i signal. Also after recording its srill the D.i spund and not the Kemper sound which I can only hear through the Spdif channel...

I tried many different combinations and this one was the only one that had the result hearing my Kemper.
I know Im doing something wrong just dunno what...?

This must be set up in cubase (under vst connections). Preferably as an external FX plugin. Do a you tube search for external fx for cubase or read the manual. It is to much to explain here and already available after a search online.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

If the reamped signal arrives on your recording interface at SPDIF In
then you should be able to see it
a) in TotalMix FX (SPDIF IN)
and as all inputs are passed through to the application (DAW, which has the ASIO driver loaded)
b) in the DAW (SPDIF IN)
In Cubase you need to create all input and output channels 1st in case you didn't do already.

In other words, you should be able in Cubase
- to add an input channel for SPDIF
- add a new track
- map the input to this track
- record the amp signal

Well .. and why you hear this or that in your phones or via monitors ...
Simple Routing issue in TM FX ...
1. Ensure you are in submix mode
2. click to the HW output where phones or monitors are connected to
3. raise the fader of the HW input where you get the reamped signal in (HW Input SPDIF IN)

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you both Vincent and Ramses!
I will try both ypur solutions tonight and report back here

ramses wrote:

If the reamped signal arrives on your recording interface at SPDIF In
then you should be able to see it
a) in TotalMix FX (SPDIF IN)
and as all inputs are passed through to the application (DAW, which has the ASIO driver loaded)
b) in the DAW (SPDIF IN)
In Cubase you need to create all input and output channels 1st in case you didn't do already.

In other words, you should be able in Cubase
- to add an input channel for SPDIF
- add a new track
- map the input to this track
- record the amp signal

*All of the above I did*

Well .. and why you hear this or that in your phones or via monitors ...
Simple Routing issue in TM FX ...
1. Ensure you are in submix mode
2. click to the HW output where phones or monitors are connected to
3. raise the fader of the HW input where you get the reamped signal in (HW Input SPDIF IN)

*I did this as well but when exporting the recorded data it was only D.I what my reamp track recorded.
So now I have 2 D.I tracks. Though I did hear the sound of the Kemper and could also change presets and the likes.
Somehow I need to the Spdif channel with the reamped sounds be able to record and after that be able to export this. I think its has to do with the routing of the TM Fx but cant seem to figure out where what or how...??

I made pics of all procedures but dont understand how to add them....

> *I did this as well but when exporting the recorded data it was only D.I what my reamp track recorded.

During the recording you can monitor the incoming audio at SPDIF IN with TM FX.
Check what audio you get there .. the original or the processed signal.
AFAIR Kemper has also some settings in terms of what signal to send to which output.
Not that it simply passes through the unprocessed signal through its SPDIF output.

ramses wrote:

> *I did this as well but when exporting the recorded data it was only D.I what my reamp track recorded.

During the recording you can monitor the incoming audio at SPDIF IN with TM FX.
Check what audio you get there .. the original or the processed signal.

Spdif gives the processed signal!
But the problem is that cubase doesn't record or export the processed signal

AFAIR Kemper has also some settings in terms of what signal to send to which output.
Not that it simply passes through the unprocessed signal through its SPDIF output.

This I managed, I can switch between different sounds on the Kemper and hear them back through the Spdif on TM FX.

Ok but then I do not understand why you cant record the processed am signal.
If you could validate in TM FX, that you hear it through SPDIF IN,
well then simply record SPDIF in in your DAW and then you should have it.
Because ... TM FX passes audio from its HW inputs through to the DAW, independend of the routing in TM FX.

ramses wrote:

Ok but then I do not understand why you cant record the processed am signal.
If you could validate in TM FX, that you hear it through SPDIF IN,

well then simply record SPDIF in in your DAW and then you should have it. Nope doesnt work either... :-(

Because ... TM FX passes audio from its HW inputs through to the DAW, independend of the routing in TM FX.

I suspect something is wrong with my Kemper or my RME doesnt receive the spdif out. Its driving me crazy