Topic: Fireface UC Power supply question

Hello.

My Fireface won't function, and I think it is because of a faulty power supply. However, I ordered a new one from the distrubutor in my country, and that one wont work either, so chances are that there is something wrong with the FF and not the power supply.

I've been in contact with the store, and they want me to send it in, but I can't afford that right now. My question is this:
The new one I got has got a shorter plug - is it possible that it dosent touch all the points inside? See the picture.
https://imgur.com/qX7qjBJ
The old power supply to the left, and the new one to the right, and as you can see the plug is quite a bit shorter.

My hope is that it's simply a missmatch, so the Fireface still might be fine and I won't have to repair it.

Any thoughts?

Re: Fireface UC Power supply question

The shorter one works. Only the lockable ones won't work, their locking blades reduce the insert depth even further.

You did push the switch on the back into the right position?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by GreenCircuit 2020-12-13 03:09:15)

Thanks for the quick reply.

You mean the power switch? Yes, and it won't turn on.

I really don't know what to do now, and I can't understand why it's not working. It was disconnected from the power over a holiday and wouldnt turn on when I got back, and it was fully repaired three years ago.

Is there any way I can troubleshoot it without sending in it for service?

You could check that the ps has 12 V voltage on its connector, but else it looks like the unit somehow died. Nothing to do than sending it in.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME