1 (edited by Clint Goss 2020-12-27 11:49:29)

Topic: [Solved] Babyface Pro FS - USB Device Not Recognized

Just opened my brand new Babyface Pro FS, ran the driver installer (rmeinstaller.exe from driver_usb_win_1200.zip), plugged the Babyface Pro FS into a USB port using the included connector, and I get a popup:

=====
USB device not recognized
The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.
=====

Merry Christmas! (Windows did not say that ... but maybe it should have ...)

I have tried all 3 USB 3.0 ports on my Windows 10x64 system (v10.0.19041, Toshiba Portege Z30-C, i7-6600U, 2.6GHz, 2 core, SSD drive, NTFS format), and get similar results (although subsequent attempts get no popups from Windows - I expect because there is some limit to the number of failed attempts).

When plugged in the device shows yellow lights above both "Ch 1/2" labels and a yellow light on the "Out" button. No other lights are lit.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Clint Goss - 2xBF Pro FS, UCX II, UFX II; 3xWin10Pro22H2
WindSynth:Sylphyo Cantabile Ableton Push3S

Re: [Solved] Babyface Pro FS - USB Device Not Recognized

With the device plugged in, here are screenshots of the driver and what I'm guessing are the relevant screenshots.

(Since it looks like I don't yet have the needed permissions in this forum to upload images, I'm posting a link to a Dropbox directory with 5 images ... hope it works!)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8fabmvdeeg61 … fNWSa?dl=0

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Hello!

Did you try with a different usb cable?
Maybe the one you have is faulty?

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

MetalHeadKeys wrote:

... different usb cable?

Before I got that far, I re-executed the driver installation (rmeinstaller.exe) with the unit plugged in. That did the trick. TotalMix immediately came up, and everything proceeded normally.

I was (rather slavishly) following the install instructions in the manual, to install the driver before plugging in the device.

Sorry for the panicky diversion ... hopefully it can help someone else who takes this mis-step.

Aah, nice!!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632