Topic: Routing signal to Amplitube 5

Hi there

been using RME products since firewire 400. am now using the Babyface Pro and Total Mix 1.66 on OS Catalina. I just purchased Amplitude 5 and want to route my guitar 'in' signal to Amplitude. but for some reason (and I'm sure it's my bad) I can't seem to get the software playback in TM to work. would someone be kind enough to just walk me quickly through the procedure? I suppose this is the same for any software instrument. but it works fine in Kontakt 6. of course there I'm not routing a guitar signal through TM to Kontakt. again, I know it's just a small step I'm missing but I've literally spent hours trying to figure this out. any help would by highly appreciated.

thank you kindly

Re: Routing signal to Amplitube 5

> I can't seem to get the software playback in TM to work

You need to load the RME driver in the DAW and then send audio to an output e.g. AN1/2
In TotalMix FX you should see then a signal in the middle row / SW Playback AN1/2.
Finally you can route this signal to any hw output / submix as you want.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Well thank you for that Ramses. But I know how ti run the Babyface Pro an I know how to route signals. But I appreciate your comments. Let me explain what my signal route is right now. I have y guitar plugged into the Instrument input (Hi Z) 3 on the Babyface Pro.  I can record a direct signal into Logic Pro. the guitar signal shows up in the Hardware input for Intr.3 in TM. I can route it to the Hardware output no problem and it shows up in my input in Logic Pro. But when I want to run the signal through my standalone version of Amplitude 5, no signal appears in the Software Playback section of TM, no matter what I try. so having no signal playback, Amplitude 5's input can't connect. so what I don't understand is what I'm doing wrong. I have instrument 3 on, I can route to any hardware input where the signal appears, I can hear it in my Headphone impute but NO signal shows up in the Software Section of TM.

Any ideas?

Looks like Amplitube does not play back via the BF Pro. It either does not play back anything, or uses a different audio output (onboard etc) instead. Or does not accept channel 3 as input (expects it on channel 1). The issue is in Amplitube and/or its settings, don't look for an issue in TM.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you Matthias

But if that is the case, then why am I not seeing a signal in the Software Playback Section of TM? or is that necessary to send a signal to a software VI? And I was not criticizing TM. I've been with RME for over 15 years at least. But this is puzzling to me.

I did not say that you critisized TM. I just told you where to look for the problem. Did you check the settings of Amplitube, its I/O configuration etc?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for your help. yes I did check the I/Os on amplitude. strange thing is I had no such problems with TM before upgrading to OS Catalina. I've recorded 100's of guitar tracks over the years with other iterations of OS and TM...no problems. something I've done to the TM configuration is messing things up. I opened another guitar sim I own (Waves GTRSolo) and it plays fine through TM. so you're probably right, it's something not configured correctly in Amplitude.

The only reason that makes me think it may be something in TM is because when I record an overdub  track in Logic now using the GTRSolo, Logic sees it (TM out is Phones 3/4 and logic in is 5/6) but also records all the other tracks that are in that session as well as the GTRSOlo track. so there's something I'm not doing right in TM I think. any suggestions? you're being very patient and I appreciate it. Need to get this going because I'm in the middle of recording a guitar album!

Matthias

Das Problem liegt nicht bei TM. Du hattest Recht! Alles andere funktioniert gut mit Logic, EINSCHLIESSLICH Amplitude 4!
Muss etwas nicht stimmen in meiner Installation von Amplitude 5. Vielen Dank für deine Geduld!

Michael ursprünglich aus Österreich...

I had the same problem.
Updating Amplitube to 5.0.1 solved the problem for me.

[This is a reply to a post from a deleted spammer's account, which was written in Italian - RME Support]

This forum speaks english, and with that name you will be banned quickly...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you Matthias

I'm sorry about using German. Every now and then I like to try it out to practice I guess. again my apologies for overstepping the forum rules.

mcrein

LOL! My comment was directed to Betmasters (typical scammer name), not you.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

well there you go!