Topic: Audio errors with fireface 800 on Win10

I am struggling with getting my fireface 800 to work steadily under Windows 10 (fresh installed coming from Windows 8.1 where it worked flawlessly). The fireface settings window is showing an increase of error counts each minute or so. When this happens the audio is stuttering. This is independent of latency buffer sizes or WDM device settings (currently set to 1 WDM device only). When I use the fireface with my laptop running on windows XP it works without any glitches so the unit itself should be ok.

More details:

- Computer specs:
Gigabyte Z87-HDR3 motherboard (onboard video and sound are switched off in the BIOS)
Asus Radeon 6450 HD Silent graphics card

- The following firewire interface cards were tried:
PCI Lacie FireWire 400 card (VIA VT6306 chipset tested in all PCI slots)
PCI-E FireWire controller (VIA 6307L chipset tested in all PCI-e slots)
DAWICONTROL DC-FW800 PCIe controller (Texas Instruments XIO2213B chipset)

- firewire controller drivers (used with the above controller cards)
1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)
1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller
Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI compliant Host controller
VIA 1394 OHCI compliant Host controller

- Multiple firewire cables were tested (both firewire 400 and 800)

- Fireface 800 Driver version 3.125

- Fireface 800 Hardware revision 2.77

Does anyone have some advice? I am running out of options and I would really like to get my fireface 800 working properly under Windows 10. Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Audio errors with fireface 800 on Win10

I found the culprit in the meantime by using this latency checker tool -> https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/ … C-latency. Apparently the Wifi network card's driver was executing too slow which was causing issues with the audio. Initially Windows 10 installed a Qualcomm Atheros driver for my TL-WN951N wifi card. After updating this driver to the TP-Link proprietary driver it is now working without audio stuttering with my DAWICONTROL DC-FW800 PCIe controller. Thank god!

I hope this information will be helpful for anyone coping with similar issues.

joskessels wrote:

I found the culprit in the meantime by using this latency checker tool -> https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/ … C-latency. Apparently the Wifi network card's driver was executing too slow which was causing issues with the audio. Initially Windows 10 installed a Qualcomm Atheros driver for my TL-WN951N wifi card. After updating this driver to the TP-Link proprietary driver it is now working without audio stuttering with my DAWICONTROL DC-FW800 PCIe controller. Thank god!

I hope this information will be helpful for anyone coping with similar issues.

Thanks for posting the fix and letting us know.

FireFace800 (D 3.125, fw 2.77) Ryzen9 3950X, 570X Extrm4,  Win10 Prox64 1909, 32Gb DDR4-3600, GTX950

Always used wired Ethernet and not with fi if you can. I’ve read that many onboard wi fi can cause problems. Probably some myths in there but I prefer wired and have my wi fi disabled in bios

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.