Topic: RME 400 Fireface connecting headset

Hi,

This might sound stupid, but I have 2x Adam A7 that I use for my monitors and I play guitar through the RME Fireface 400. I would also like to use the RME 400 for gaming instead of using the motherboard audio chip.

So my question is how do I connect my headset with 3.5mm and use the microphone, for example in discord. To what input and how do I set it up ?

Currently I can't get the microphone to work on my headset in discord. Would be so much better to use the RME instead of the basic Motherboard audio.

Re: RME 400 Fireface connecting headset

Hello!

Is it a headset with two mini-jacks? One for headphones one for mic? or one mini-jack with three rings?
Can you post a link?

This might be doable!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

MetalHeadKeys wrote:

Hello!

Is it a headset with two mini-jacks? One for headphones one for mic? or one mini-jack with three rings?
Can you post a link?

This might be doable!

Thanks for your reply, the headset is a sennheiser PC 360 https://versus.com/en/sennheiser-pc-360
It has 1 x 3.5mm for headphones, and 1x 3.5mm for mic.

You 're welcome!

First you 're gonna need two adapters like this:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tbone_hea … dapter.htm

so that you can connect the Headphones plug to the Phones Output of your FF400,
and the Mic Mini Plug to a Mic Input of the FF400(preferably Mic Input 1). Also, adjust the Gain to taste!

If you 're on Windows(sorry, forgot to ask), go to the FF400 driver settings and set WDM Devices to "1".
Then go the Windows Sound Settings and select the "RME Output 1+2" for your Windows Outputs and "Mic Input 1" or "AN1" for your Windows Mic Input.

Then just set that Input in the applications that you want to use it with!

If, by any chance, you don 't have sound in your headphones, go to TotalMix, click on the Phones Output
and check Software Playback Channels 1/2(2nd Row). If the fader is down, raise it slowly!

If you 're on Mac, I can't help you because I don't know how things work on a Mac.

Please, report back!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632