Topic: Newbie with RME Fireface 400, Help!

Hello people, I was wondering if somebody could help me with this matter.
I want to buy an audio interface and there is friend who is selling a RME FF400 for 450 euros. On the other hand there is another guy who is selling a RME UC for 500 euros, but it is far away, we might have to use postal services and I don´t know if this one works well, i assume it is ok, according to this guy.

My question is about the firewire connection of the FF400, do you think it will be a problem in a short time? There´s any other important issue that I should keep in mind?
I will use it for our semipro recording studio, mostly to record my jazz combos and some drums too.

Thank you in advance and sorry in case this doubts isn´t are in the right place.

Re: Newbie with RME Fireface 400, Help!

Only thing I would say is that fw is definitely legacy now. Windows 10 no longer supports except on legacy drivers. My old pc still runs an old fw interface fine. I suppose you have to think of how long you can use it. My guess is RME will support with drivers as from what I read they keep going on older modules. I’d say the problem would be if you are setting up a new pc a d having to buy a fw card as I’ve read of a lot not working. Texas instrument fw chip seems to be the one to go for.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

If you are on PC, I would strongly suggest going for the UC.

Babyface Pro FS, MSI GS66, Studio One

Also to consider, FF400 might be a very old interface where its much more likely that it might need service soon.
If you can get an UC for only €50 more, then get an UC, this or another.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank so much guys for your help! I use a macbook pro and surely I will continue using Apple.
I think I should discard FF400 for the moment, so.
I appreciate your answers.