Topic: Can't send audio via adat out on Digiface USB to Disidesign 002 rack

Hi!

I have a Digidesign 002 rack on my studio. It has 8 analog outputs. I use main out 1/2 to speakers, but 3 to 8 for individual mixes (different musicians, for monitoring as they play).

I had to buy a new Mac, and the Digidesign isn't supported, so, I bought a Digiface USB to connect it via adat. Either, in (to record up to 8 inputs) and out (to do the different mixes).

I connected the Digiface out to the 002 in, and the 002 out to the Digiface in.

I get the 8 inputs from the 002. But I can't get any audio on it. None of the 002 outputs are working. I am sending the audio from Ableton, to adat 1/2 out, on Totalmix, I'm using adat 1/2 as out, and nothing comes out of the 002. If I connect the headphones to the Digiface itself and raise the software playback adat 1/2 ou PH, it works. But it does not when I try it on the 002.

Am I missing something? Doesn't the Digiface support audio out via adat?

I'm puzzled

Thanks for any help. it's quite urgent

Re: Can't send audio via adat out on Digiface USB to Disidesign 002 rack

Hi
I don't know what is going on with the setup, but your 002 does support ADAT in/out.
I would think that you need to set up the 002 routing to make it do what you want it do do.
Specs here:
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/artic … e/en365815

Babyface Pro FS, MSI GS66, Studio One

Ok, so cabling in two directions has been provided and the cables are ok ?

How about clocking ?
Digiface USB configured as clock master ? RME Driver Settings: clock source: internal
                002 configured as clock slave ? clock source: ADAT IN

On the 002 you need to route the needed/wanted input to its ADAT out port.
Then you should see audio on Digiface USB's ADAT IN port.

If you want to hear sound on the 002 you also need to route audio on Digiface USB to its ADAT OUT port
and on the 002 from its ADAT IN to one of the desired ports (maybe phones).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ricardomartinsdrums wrote:

I get the 8 inputs from the 002. But I can't get any audio on it. None of the 002 outputs are working. I am sending the audio from Ableton, to adat 1/2 out, on Totalmix, I'm using adat 1/2 as out, and nothing comes out of the 002. If I connect the headphones to the Digiface itself and raise the software playback adat 1/2 ou PH, it works. But it does not when I try it on the 002.

This clearly looks like a routing issue on the 002 - does it know what to do with incoming ADAT?
You can check the outgoing ADAT signal by plugging the output straight back into an input on the Digiface (clock mode internal) - does it show up? If yes, it's the 002 not doing what you want it to...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME